Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NEED QUICK REPLY ON TRANSMISSON

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by SlyDog, Apr 11, 2001.

1. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

I am looking at buying a blazer (FINALLY!) and it has a cracked transmission. Its an auto so thats 700 somthing right? What I need to know is how much does a rebuild transmission go for?? Thanks!!

- SlyDog [​IMG]

2. bandit

bandit 1/2 ton status

if your looking at the 73 blazer i heard you asking about it will have a turbo 350 in it know to have one rebuilt its around 500 - 700 a rebuilt one is want to say about 1000 dont hold me to this im jsut guessing on the past prices plus that is up in washington

Bandit
    (Your right i dont understand the jeep thing)

3. DMK

DMK 1/2 ton status

Depends on year of blazer which transmission. A 700r4 from jegs or summit will run around 1500.

4. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Can't tell you today, but I can tomorrow evening. A 700R4/4L60 and a 4L60E have a square trans pan a T350 has a squere pan with a notch cut out of one side. What is wrong with this one? -leaks, cracked, slipps, hard shift- where is it cracked and a guess as to why, the more info the better. I'll hit up the trans guy at work and see what he says (after I buy lunch- J/K)

Twiztid

5. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

I've found several local <portland, or> area tranny rebuilders for 350s for under $400. I have a rebuild that cost me $300 from a local mechanic who does them in his home garage and advertises in the local community classifieds and its held up well for over a year now and I think he did a decent job on it. You will get a better rate if you pull the tranny yourself and take it in rather than having the shop do it. I don't know about the prices on 700's.
    Good luck,
    -Aaron

___ __ _ _ ____ __
    AGM73k5 -- ajgm1@yahoo.com

6. AAMCO just installed a rebuilt 700R4 in my 1988 Suburban 4x4 and it ran $1500 for tranny and install with a 12 month/12,000 mile warranty. Wasn't even a high performance tranny !! Check out <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.700R4.com>http://www.700R4.com</A> for a well-built tranny at a good price.

[​IMG]<font color=red>BigBurb[​IMG]
    <font color=purple>IF YOU'RE SCARED, SAY YOU'RE SCARED !!

7. 89Blazin

89Blazin 1/2 ton status

If it's a four speed with overdrive....its a 700R.....probably not what you have. You probably have the TH350 or TH400 3 speed auto. These typically cost $600 to have rebuilt.

85 Burb and an 89 Blazer
    One just for fun, one simply for pleazer