Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

need quickly - clutch question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by solowookie, Apr 12, 2002.

1. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

OK guys...

OK guys - got a kit with clutch & pressure plate. inside is a small bushing, and non of my manuals tell me where it goes. I am assuming that it goes inside of the clutch in the crank, but I want to verify this.

2. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

If you are sure it is a bushing and not a throwout bearing, then your are correct, it is the pilot bushing, it goes in the end of the crank in the center of the flywheel and the input shaft of the tranny rest in there...

Chris

3. solowookie

yea that's exactly what it is. doesn't the throw out bearing attach to the clutch fork?

4. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

yup
    to get your old BUSHING out you can fill the hole with grease and find a socket that has same OD as bushing ID and use it to 'hydraulic' the old one out
    if it is the BEARING style you have to get a puller or cut it out with a chisel

5. solowookie

well I just had my crank ground so I won't have to worry about that! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif (it was already gone)