Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need rear seatbelt 1990 model grey

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by captainnemo, Jul 27, 2001.

1. captainnemo

captainnemo Newbie

I just got my first K5, Its a 1990 model. I am looking for a rear lap-shoulder seatbelt on the drivers side in a grey color. (I know, I don't ask for much!). Anyway, the previous owner's dog chewed through it and it is discontinued at GM (Part # 15641855). Does anyone know where I can get one in very good condition or new????

Thanks,
    Adam

2. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

I've looked through several parts catalogs for Blazer/pickups and have never found that great of a source for seatbelts. I just got back from a junkyard buying a rear seatbelt for my truck. They are usually in decent shape since most folks don't have people in the backseat as much as the front seats.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

3. Cusm

Cusm 1/2 ton status

If I am not mistaken there is a federal law that requires GM to produce parts for their vehicles for 10 years, with this you should be able to find one at a dealership for a '91. Try more than one, because members here have found things discontinued at one dealership and in stock at another.

Good lord. The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up it's butt.