Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

need some 4" lift measurements

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by GONZO2, Dec 18, 2001.

1. GONZO2

GONZO2 1/2 ton status

need some 4\" lift measurements

alright since i've lifted my truck everbody keeps asking me if it is a 6" lift. so now it has me wondering if maybe rough country sent me the wrong springs and i really do have 6" lift.
    the 35's i got fit no problem. i even ran it ove to a dirt pile to try flexing it and still no rubbing (my fenders are not trimmed).
    after the lift i needed a new rear drive shaft because stock one was too short (was ready to fall out). front shaft is just about maxed out.

if anyone has 4" lift and 35's could you take some measurements from tranfer case skid plate to level ground? mine is just over 18" to the ground. keep in mind i did not lower transfer case.
    if you have 6" lift and 35's what are these measurements?

<font color=blue>85 blazer</font color=blue> 4" lift, 35" pro comp mt, locked out back
    <font color=blue>88 blazer</font color=blue>mostly stock
    <font color=blue>99 30th ann. TA</font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>79 TA</font color=blue>

2. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Re: need some 4\" lift measurements

Because of the differences in tire manufacturers (all 35's are NOT created equal) and treadwear you might be better getting a measurement from the top of the axle tubes to some point on the vehicle for measurements (more accurate). Just a thought. I have a 4" lift and if I think of it when I get home I will take some measurements from the top of the axle to the top of the frame (in the rear). I don't know if this is a good measurement as I have a K20 pickup and you have a K5 blazer, but maybe somebody with a blazer could do the same measurement for you to compare.

See my rig at <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Leadfoot> click here </a>

3. kumma

kumma 1/2 ton status

i thought the same thing with my rought country 4" lift. my 87' sits just about level with my cousins 78' with a 6" tuf country lift. my transfer case was lowered and it sit about 17.5 inches off the ground, measured to skid plate. i've got new bfg 35" muds. so i don't think you got a 6" lift by mistake.
    Craig

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.plymouthscreenprinting.com>www.plymouthscreenprinting.com</a>

4. GONZO2

GONZO2 1/2 ton status

thanks that is what i was looking for. since you lowered the tcase that acounts for the roughly 1" differance.

<font color=blue>85 blazer</font color=blue> 4" lift, 35" pro comp mt, locked out back
    <font color=blue>88 blazer</font color=blue>mostly stock
    <font color=blue>99 30th ann. TA</font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>79 TA</font color=blue>

5. loudnowlouder

loudnowlouder 1/2 ton status

hehe
    same thing on my truck (4 inch rouch country)...the 33s i have look way too small...
    everyone asks me why i bought a 6 inch lift and 33's.