Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need some AC removal help!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Kyle89K5, May 22, 2002.

1. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

I'm taking all of the AC equipment out of my truck, but have one small issue. I'm keeping the heater. Will a truck that originally DIDN'T have AC be able to donate it's stuff right over, or am I'm gonna be custom making a box to hold the blower motor?

BTW, if anyone needs any AC stuff, I've got plenty sitting in the garage now /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

2. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

Hey Kyle, the non-A/C trucks have a nice heater setup. It is a lot smaller than the A/C style, but it will require welding/riveting a plate over your old large A/C evoparator hole. The non-A/C style uses a smaller hole in a different location. It will pretty much bolt up to your firewall with maybe a hole or two redrilled. Be sure to get the heater controls and all the other parts and it will go much smoother....I'd also suggest a new heater core while you're at it.
    Here is a shot of mine:<a target="_blank" href=http://www.jmartin.net/goose/Heater.jpg>http://www.jmartin.net/goose/Heater.jpg</a>

3. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

Thanks MIchael.

That's what I was looking for. I finished pulling the motor last night, so I've got tons of room to get in there while I'm waiting on parts. I've also got several LARGE peices of sheetmetal that will become the new cover on the firewall.

Thanks again for the help

4. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Michael, is your truck originally an a/c truck? Just curious, since you don't have a/c, what is the purpose of the dryer in the picture?

Thanks
    John

5. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

Yes, it was originally A/C...just non functioning. I went with an aftermarket "hangon" setup and R134. There are some inside shots on my website. Very observant grasshopper.../forums/images/icons/wink.gif