Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need some advice for selling my 1986 Jimmy

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dysphemism, Jul 2, 2003.

1. dysphemism

dysphemism 1/2 ton status

I'm going nuts trying to sell this thing. People love it, up until they notice the fact that it has no door handles. It came with them, and when I first bought it I didn't mind, but they gradually started to piss me off, and now they don't even work. I have to reach through my wing window to open the door. Right now I am asking $5500 for it, and think it is a fair price considering how much money I have put into it. Can anyone give me some advice about the door situation? How hard do you guys think it would be to get door handles back on it, now that it is shaved? I guess I just hate telling people about them, because I know that they are junk, and I wouldn't ever put them on anything. I was considering getting new doors from a junkyard, but all that costs a lot and adds nothing to the value of my truck. Then if they couldn't be matched, they would look totally goofy unless I repainted it. ARGHHH!!! I guess I'm just looking for any advice you guys can offer me, should I just sell it on e-bay or something?

2. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

uhhh, are you saying it has keyless entry and the door handles are shaved?? And the keyless entry is in-op??

Or...the door handles are shaved but key less entry was never installed??

Sorry...I am kinda confused...maybe I should re-read your post /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

3. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

just dont use big words like "dysphemism"

4. dysphemism

dysphemism 1/2 ton status

Yeah that is pretty confusing, I wrote it fast, sorry. It has shaved door handles. They keyless opening system is installed, but I shorted out the elec. and it is now non-functional. I am going to try and get it to work again, but frankly, it isn't very good even when working. Sometimes the drivers door still won't open, and the passenger side has trouble also.