Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need some advice/ideas (paybacks a biatch)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 90blzr, Nov 12, 2004.

1. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

Here is the deal. My gf just got a job at a collection agency on Tuesday. Was told she would be doing taking calls and making calls for certain amount of $$. After lunch on Tuesday the boss/owner said he wanted her to be the receptionist for $2/hour more than they agreed on.
    Cool, great!
    She has been saying the boss is an a-hole, some girl comes into his office all the time and they fool around (not a girl that works there) and this guy is married and has pictures of his kids on the wall! He has people come in for interviews and if he's not in a good mood tells them "get the hell out of here!! Get out of my office!!" A real prick. Apparently always calling the cops, etc. Seems like a loose cannon.

So, she calls me crying today and I said, whats wrong. Apparently she trasfered a call to him and somehow got disconnected. He came out and asked what happened to the call. She says it must have got disconnected (she is very polite and soft spoken). His reply was: "ARE YOU DUMB? ARE YOU STUPID? WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU!?" Mind you this is in front of the other employees. He goes back in his office, and comes back with a check and said, its not gonna work, get out out of here!!!
    She sees the check and says 'where is the paystub' He says 'we dont have paystubs here (the part that shows the hours, amount paid, etc). She says this is only half of what you owe me! He tells her thats too bad and to take call the Better Business Bureau if she doesnt like it! Then says...get the hell out of my office!!!

WTF is this guys problem!!!???? /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    So...I call up a buddy of mine and we go over to 'have a few words' with this prick. Doors locked. I say I need to talk to so and so. She says for what? I said I had an appointment /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif So he come to the door and opens it about 6" and says can I help you. So I basically asked him a few questions in a not so nice manner /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif and as he tried to slam the door shut, I stuck my foot in it so he couldnt shut it and he yelled...CALL THE COPS...CALL THE COPS!! I told him not to EVER talk to anyone as he did to her again. I dont know if he thought we'd run off or what. As he finally got the door shut, we just stood outside for a few minutes and then calmly walked down the parking lot and out to where we parked and left.

This guy is an ass hole and doesnt give a rats ass about anyone or anybody. As soon as I saw him, I KNEW he was a prick. He is on a power trip, thinks he doesnt have to answer to anyone....WRONG!!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

So, got any suggestions on how to teach this fawker a lesson? I'll make his life a living hell for a while, but figured you guys might have some suggestions.
    He is already scared to death /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif
    The best part is all of the ladies that work there and say he is such a prick and why no one ever stands up to him heard it all!!

It takes ALOT for me to get pissed, but **** you if you think you are gonna talk that way to someone I know for no reason!!

So got any suggestions?

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Here is the deal. My gf just got a job at a collection agency on Tuesday. Was told she would be doing taking calls and making calls for certain amount of $$. After lunch on Tuesday the boss/owner said he wanted her to be the receptionist for $2/hour more than they agreed on.
    Cool, great!
    She has been saying the boss is an a-hole, some girl comes into his office all the time and they fool around (not a girl that works there) and this guy is married and has pictures of his kids on the wall! He has people come in for interviews and if he's not in a good mood tells them "get the hell out of here!! Get out of my office!!" A real prick. Apparently always calling the cops, etc. Seems like a loose cannon.

So, she calls me crying today and I said, whats wrong. Apparently she trasfered a call to him and somehow got disconnected. He came out and asked what happened to the call. She says it must have got disconnected (she is very polite and soft spoken). His reply was: "ARE YOU DUMB? ARE YOU STUPID? WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU!?" Mind you this is in front of the other employees. He goes back in his office, and comes back with a check and said, its not gonna work, get out out of here!!!
    She sees the check and says 'where is the paystub' He says 'we dont have paystubs here (the part that shows the hours, amount paid, etc). She says this is only half of what you owe me! He tells her thats too bad and to take call the Better Business Bureau if she doesnt like it! Then says...get the hell out of my office!!!

WTF is this guys problem!!!???? /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    So...I call up a buddy of mine and we go over to 'have a few words' with this prick. Doors locked. I say I need to talk to so and so. She says for what? I said I had an appointment /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif So he come to the door and opens it about 6" and says can I help you. So I basically asked him a few questions in a not so nice manner /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif and as he tried to slam the door shut, I stuck my foot in it so he couldnt shut it and he yelled...CALL THE COPS...CALL THE COPS!! I told him not to EVER talk to anyone as he did to her again. I dont know if he thought we'd run off or what. As he finally got the door shut, we just stood outside for a few minutes and then calmly walked down the parking lot and out to where we parked and left.

This guy is an ass hole and doesnt give a rats ass about anyone or anybody. As soon as I saw him, I KNEW he was a prick. He is on a power trip, thinks he doesnt have to answer to anyone....WRONG!!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

So, got any suggestions on how to teach this fawker a lesson? I'll make his life a living hell for a while, but figured you guys might have some suggestions.
    He is already scared to death /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif
    The best part is all of the ladies that work there and say he is such a prick and why no one ever stands up to him heard it all!!

It takes ALOT for me to get pissed, but **** you if you think you are gonna talk that way to someone I know for no reason!!

So got any suggestions?

[/ QUOTE ] Do you have any friends or family that are cops ?? It'd be real funny to go back there with someone in uniform and tell him "No need too call the cops, I brought one." and then have your little talk with him. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Contact the Labor Relations Board........

As for payback.

Bug the office with audio and video, evidence ends up in wife's hands........

4. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

OK, just a little voice of reason here: I agree with Bubba call Labor Relations or an equivalent. Write a letter, do the BBB thing, even call "9 News Hotline" or whatever it is in your town and have them do an expose on the jackass. And I do believe you, I have regular dealings with collection agencies on behalf of my clients and most of them are huge a-holes.
    But on the flip side, I own my own business, and if someone showed up at my door acting like that, not only would the cops be there PDQ, they may get a 9mm shoved in their face, or a swift smack with an ASP to the noggin. If they entered my property in a hostile manner and did not leave when asked, I would have them arrested on the spot.

I'm not saying the guy doesn't deserve some payback, but you don't want it to bite you in the ass in the process.

I've had some truly bad firings in my days as an employer, (granted, they were for the most part thieves and deserved it, not like it sounds like with your GF) and you would be surprised at the rights and response an employer can recieve from the authorities.

Just a friendly heads up man, I think you're are right on in wanting to get this jackass burned, just be cautious, make sure it's only unpleasant for him.

5. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

I hear ya! Thats why we left and didnt stick around. I only got upset when he acted like he didnt know what I was talking about.
    If we wanted to, we could have fawked up his car, drug him out, etc. Not a problem, but like you said, I dont want to get it worse in the end. He never 'asked' me to leave. He didnt want anything to do with me, hell he wouldnt even say but 3 or 4 words before it was..>CALL THE COPS!!! I left on my own.

Thanks for the heads up though /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

You know, I just had a thought, not sure if it will apply to Mr. Angry.

If your GF knows (or has contact with people still there), if he has any large corporate accounts, those people will not take kindly to a collector representing them acting in such a manner, a letter may do some good. If he is just a small fry with no big accounts, maybe that won't work.

Just a thought, might be fun to make him lose some $$$$$.

7. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Just send me over there with my big old plumbing truck, ill kick his ass!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Have her get in touch with his wife about the girl that doesn't work there...

9. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Have her get in touch with his wife about the girl that doesn't work there...

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the ultimate way to make him suffer. Nobody can take more from him than his wife /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

10. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    His reply was: "ARE YOU DUMB? ARE YOU STUPID? WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU!?" Mind you this is in front of the other employees.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is against the law.Maybe not the language but the fact he did this in public in front of other employees.She could file a lawsuit against him and/or the company and file a complaint with the labor board.

I say hold off on doing anything to him personaly and just get him in as much "legal hot water" as you can.This is California,you can make him miserable and cost him alot of money /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

11. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Have GF call the State and inform them that her ex employer fired her for no reason, verbally abused her in front of everyone, made her very uncomfortable when his gilfriend came by, refuses to pay her and refuses to withhold State taxes from her paycheck. Next call IRS and tell them that her exemployer refuses to without taxes. If you really want to stir the pot call his house and leave a message regarding his affair and how that really made her uncomfortable and that you are contemplating a sexual harrassement suit. Im guessing he'll be back in contact very soon /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

12. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    Have GF call the State and inform them that her ex employer fired her for no reason, verbally abused her in front of everyone, made her very uncomfortable when his gilfriend came by, refuses to pay her and refuses to withhold State taxes from her paycheck. Next call IRS and tell them that her exemployer refuses to without taxes. If you really want to stir the pot call his house and leave a message regarding his affair and how that really made her uncomfortable and that you are contemplating a sexual harrassement suit. Im guessing he'll be back in contact very soon /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo...I'd say we have a winner! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Rene

13. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I say...First, follow him around, and find out where he lives. Second, follow his wife and kids around. Third, take pictures of his house, wife, and kids. Fourth, send the pictures to his place of business with a vague (but not specific) threat of retribution. This will push his buttons...guaranteed.

14. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

Female call his home, say she has results of blood test and REALLY needs to talk to him!Make sure he is not home when calling, leave no name, say you will call back later.He will wonder which woman he is fooling around with is calling his home and wife will not be amused

15. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo...I'd say we have a winner! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Rene

[/ QUOTE ]
    EXACTLY!!! just don't forget to let his wife know bout the "other" woman! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif best wishes

16. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

You have a variety of recourses, all legal and some already mentioned:

1. Contact the State of Ca. Workers Compensation Division. I'll bet he isn't paying his share of workers comp fees and that a lot of his people are under the table. Trust me, they can make a business persons life miserable. Go here: http://www.dir.ca.gov/dwc/dwc_home_page.htm

2. Talk to an attorney about an unlawful termination suit. Did she sign any contracts when she was hired? Did he talk to her about a separation package? Did he tell her about unemployment? There are a lot of requirements that an employer has to abide by.

3. Next time, have the cops come with you to begin with if you suspect a confrontation to arise. But, you need to be there for a legal reason, such as picking up another check, some personal property, serving him with a paper, etc.

4. Videotape his little affair with the girlfriend and get it to the wife.

5. Contact the other employees to see if any of them have been victimized by him. I bet it isn't just a temper problem, I bet there is sexual harassment as well.

6. Contact the IRS and tell them about his lack of taking taxes out of her paycheck. I bet he isn't paying his fair share of taxes on his business.

7. Contact the Better Business Bureau and Chamber of Commerce and make complaints.

8. Go here: http://www.dfeh.ca.gov/complaintEmployment.asp and file a complaint. It is the State of Ca. Dept. of Fair Employment and Housing.

9. If he belongs to either of these organizations, file a complaint with them:
    American Collectors Association (ACA)
    ASAE Building
    4040 W. 70th Street
    Minneapolis, MN 55435-4199
    (612) 926-6547
    http://www.collector.com/

National Association of Credit Management (NACM)
    8815 Centre Park Drive
    Columbia, MD 21045
    (410) 740-5560
    http://www.nacmservices.com/Pages/resources/resourcesframe.html

17. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

...just burn the fukin place down...

Just kidding... don't do anything that drastic...

I love revenge... but most of my suggestions are things that you probably shouldn't do...

18. duece21

duece21 1/2 ton status

Find his home phone # and have your girl call his house multiple times during the day when he is not home. Have her hang up when the wife picks up the phone and says hello. Do this for about a week. Then have her call again and ask for his name, she will say he is not here then have her hang up again. Wife will start asking questions eventually. Don't forget to call block!!!!

19. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

You forgot to have her eventually use the name of his girlfriend. Better yet, have her leave a message using the girlfriends name and leave the girlfriends number. Or ask the wife "Who is this?" When the wife says "His wife" she says "Wife? he has a wife? That bastard!" Nah, that is just too cruel......... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

20. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

I would find out what car he drives. The one day when he was at work, I woul drain all of the fluid out of the rear differential into a pan, and tighten all of the bolts back down. I dont even want to think of how much a mechanic would charge for parts and labor at a shop for that one. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    -Harrison