Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need some advice sellin a totaled car

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by tecton, Dec 5, 2003.

1. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

its a 95 hundai sonata, the damage is in the rear and drivers rear side.

Engine is good, as far as i know interior is good, new tires and hub caps...

what should i look to try to sell it for? Not selling it here, locally.

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

3. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    junk it

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif *sigh* /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

4. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

you should probably part it out... or maybe sell it for $1500... I don't know what those are worth in good condition though, so that may be too low or high... good luck /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I would post an ad, you never know someone might be looking for a parts car......

6. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

not sure how much i should ask for it...ill get some pics sometime this week and post them up here

7. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I would post an ad, you never know someone might be looking for a parts car......

[/ QUOTE ]

I had basically figured that nobody would be looking for a car like that, which is essentially a throw away car. I suppose anything is possible though.

8. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

not everything is a lifted truck man, some people think what your driving is trash

9. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    not everything is a lifted truck man, some people think what your driving is trash

[/ QUOTE ]

They sure do. But there are certainly a lot sitting in 'yards waiting for someone like us to buy the parts from. An awful lot of cars like the one you've got get crushed because nobody wants them.

I honestly hope you sell it, but I just don't think you will. I think you'll probably end up junking it.

10. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

pull the engine,trans, axle shafts and front suspension, basically the front end and you can get as much for just that as the rest of the car, if it has power windows and locks pull the actuators and motors too..

11. Jeremy_C

Jeremy_C 1/2 ton status

Dont tell'em its been wrecked. Just be sure and tell them there is NO warrenty. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

12. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

this car has been sitting in a parking lot for 3/4 of a year...

also, i went to see it today...windshield is cracked...tires are like brand new...other than body damage in front and back, looks like most everything else is in order...aside from the frame being F*ed up which is why the totaled it

Id love to take the thing home and rip it to shreds, but id much rather sell it as a whole item. and if i cant sell it soon im debating if ill have to wait til spring to do it...most people are wanting 4x4 stuff now

13. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    pull the engine,trans, axle shafts and front suspension, basically the front end and you can get as much for just that as the rest of the car, if it has power windows and locks pull the actuators and motors too..

[/ QUOTE ]

Sawzall just behind the windshield on top, across the floorboard in front of the front seats. 15 minutes' work and you won't even get greezy.

Sell it as motor/trans/wheels/tires, and it all comes in a convenient rolling carrying case! Seriously, I've done it before... The car is completely trashed but has a good motor/trans, and if you advertise the car nobody wants it. Advertise the motor/trans only, and when they come to hear it run, tell them they can drive the whole thing home for the price of the motor. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Paul 'X' [​IMG]