Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

need some advice.....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jasonb, Jul 13, 2004.

1. jasonb

jasonb Newbie

i got a 1991 K5 blazer..... im thinking of going with the Skyjacker 8" system.. a friend of mine said to stick with skyjacker....any advice? another thing is that its going to be on the road as well as in the mud..... not sure how high to go with with out having legal trouble, im from PA and not really sure on the bumper height laws....???

2. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

What size tires, what gears, what motor???????

3. jasonb

jasonb Newbie

well the entire blazer is stock for now 350tbi and i want to get 35's maybe a bit bigger but the thing is im not too sure, because i want to go as big as i can and still be street legal, which im not sure of for living in PA....

4. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Welcome to CK5
    Filling out yer profile helps a bit in answering questions.
    /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif
    I dunno I think an 8" lift and 35's looks kinda goofy. /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif
    A 4" lift would be more than plenty for 35's.
    A bit bigger and break out the /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif and trim the fenders a bit.
    As for vehicle laws check out the DMV. They should have all the lift laws in your area.

5. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

6. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Bottom of the front bumper in PA can be no higher than 30".... An 8" lift maybe be pushing it a bit and will be a bit too high for 35's....

7. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

Also, Tough Country EZ-rides seem to be the favorite choice of springs around here. BDS is also popular, but more expensive.

With 8" of lift, you should be planning on at least 38's. You will also have to get two new driveshafts, probably both with C/V joints. You will also have to do multiple steering corrections or a crossover conversion. Don't forget about lower gears when going to bigger tires. I'm not even going to get into the axle strength issue. It's been covered so many times before.

Do a search, lift height/tire size/extra mods discussions come up all the time here.