Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need Some Advice

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by LaxRox5, Oct 30, 2003.

1. LaxRox5

LaxRox5 Registered Member

Hey,
    It looks as if I will not be able to get a echobit shackle flip for my upcoming winter break project, wanted to order my parts and maybe even get started over thanksgiving, (lift my truck and throw some 35s under it and have it re-geared), but the part that I thought was going to be extremely clutch, the real shackle flip is no longer available. I am not sure as to what my other options are. I know of the ord flip and the ak57 kits, but they are much more expensive then I was hoping to pay. I really don’t want to have to go with blocks, just cause. So if anyone out there has any ideas send em my way, thanks
    Tom
    /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

2. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

why not go home made shackle flip? theres some write ups and pictures floating around here, but its pretty simple, you take the shackle from on top of the rear hanger, and make a hole in the hanger and hang the shackle through the bottom..

3. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

4. GMCLegacy

GMCLegacy 1/2 ton status

i would not recomend the homemade (cutting a hole in bottom and running the shackle down) from the standpoint of a poor shackle angle. personally i would save up the $ and buy a bolt on kit and do it right the first time. I used a set of front rear spring hangers for my shackle flip which allowed me to set my shackle angle.