Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

need some advise ASAP

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Redfrog, Sep 29, 2004.

1. Redfrog

Redfrog 1/2 ton status

ok here is the deal, I sold my TPI unit on Ebay last week,
    It was purchased with Buy it now by a person that is in the military. I can prove he is in the military Via E-mail addy (it is a .mil address) so any way he E-mailed me a little bit ago saying that he is overseas and his wife screwed up his finances and he does not have the money to pay even after he used the Buy it now. He did how ever offer to pay me the listing fees and a little extra for the hassel,And he applogized. I believe that he is in the military but I'm not so sure about the overseas part. So I e-mailed him back asking him if he had access to a printer and a digital camera, if he does I'm going to ask him to take a picture proving that he is overseas with a copy of something that has to do with the auction. If he will do it I'm going to tell him to forget about it and thank him for be over there. If he cannot prove it I will just have him mail me the listing fees he offered to pay and forget it.

What do you think,

2. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

If he has a .mil email address, the base should be in the email address. Example: name@dover.af.mil or name@ftbenning.army.mil. What is the email address after his name, since I'm sure he wouldn't want his name all over the internet and that wouldn't be right anyhow. If you can give us the base and the rest of it, I'm sure that someone on here can tell you where he is. He very well might be overseas. A lot of the military is right now.

Kris

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Just relist it!!!

4. Redfrog

Redfrog 1/2 ton status

gee I never thought about relisting it /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

I edited my orginal post to add a little more clarity as what I meant when I said for him to send me money.

his email is <font color="red">name.labombard@us.army.mil </font>

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I think you're out of line to force him to prove that he's being truthful.

Just relist the item, you've got nothing to lose.

6. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I would just re-list the item. don't leave bad Feedback as he could do the same................................

7. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

I guess the army changed the way they do their email. Air Force puts they base in there. Maybe the email idea won't work. If he is offering to pay the listing fee though, I think that is pretty fair. Sorry I couldn't help with the email deal.

Kris

8. Redfrog

Redfrog 1/2 ton status

I would not be forcing him to do anything. if he would not want to do it OR could not prove that he is overseas. he would do what he said he would do, refund the $25.00 for listing fees that I had to pay when he used buy it now.

But if he will do it and prove to me he is not just a dead beat buyer and that he is infact overseas I will forget the whole thing.

9. Redfrog

Redfrog 1/2 ton status

thanks for trying /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I think you're out of line to force him to prove that he's being truthful.

Just relist the item, you've got nothing to lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto...

If he is willing to pay the $25 listing fee, then what gives... /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

11. Redfrog

Redfrog 1/2 ton status

I guess it boils down to wanting to do the right thing, if he is telling the truth given the circumstances that he told me I would not feel right having him pay me anything, but if he is just blowing smoke I want the listing fees since he offered.

12. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

Give the guy the benefit of the doubt and just relist it.

13. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

Look, I say you do exactly as you have said. I don't think asking for a little identification is out of line. I think we all know that there are many scammers out there. It is easy for you all to say just relist it, hell it is only 25 bucks. Well, why don't each one of you that have said just relist it send him the 25 bucks to cover it?? I mean, Hell, it just 25 bucks, right???

If he is telling the truth I see no issue with him taking a little time out of his day to give you the reassurance you are asking for.

Oh, yah, can I have 25 bucks to???? Please!!!!!!