Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need some advise on 4-link

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by denver75k5, Oct 29, 2003.

1. denver75k5

denver75k5 1/2 ton status

ok, Ive ben talked into linking up the truggie, Ive ben told by Avalanche eng. to go with 1/4 eliptic, and being a TOTAL begginer at this I need some advise, Keep in mind I have a guy who has done this on a Avalanche tube frame helping me but isin't this different for a K5 frame?

Sorry, this is a pretty broad question, but like I said I have no Idea when it comes to links...

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Give us a call, we have some of the bracketry worked out, you might be able to get part way there pretty easily.
    Springs are springs, just make sure they're mounted wide enough to keep some stability and use a limit strap to control the droop. Most 1/4 elips are mounted really narrow and this lets the rear work a lot when the front won't work at all.

3. denver75k5

denver75k5 1/2 ton status

Thanks Stephen, Ill give you guys a shout when we are ready to tackle it.
    Im also thinking of linking the front also, using coilovers, so it will even out the flex factor. My main concern is being too unstable on some of these nice tippy Colorado trails... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif