Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

need some antique info please

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sweetk30, Oct 25, 2005.

1. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

what is the correct name for this jug.?

and where could i find some info on the stove?

thanks guys.:D

jug.jpg

stove 001.jpg

stove 002.jpg

2. ak bandit

ak bandit 1/2 ton status

I've heard those jugs being called "stoneware jugs"...Not sure if it's a particular brand though.
    Not sure on the stove. You might try a google search.

3. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

You'll just want to ship that stove to me asap. It's a worthless piece of junk, and a fire hazard.

I'd just plug the info on the front of the stove into a google search. But save yourself the hassle, and ship it to me!

4. sweetk30

make you a deal on the stove. send me a 60 front with 5.13 gears and locker. and we will call it a deal. :haha: sorry but my brother already claimed it for him self.

5. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Any markings on the bottom of the Jug? Yes, these jugs are sometimes called stoneware or Clay Jug. They were produced by many companies and many years. They where used to transport and store everything from Wiskey, Beer, to medicine.

The Stove is great... Go to your library and look into the antique guide (books and magizines)... There are specialty guides for kitchen ware and stoves. That company is still listed and can be contacted......

6. mofugly13

That's too bad, I have your freshly rebuilt-to-your-specs D60 sittin here crated up, with you addy on it to boot! ;)

I REALLY dig old stoves, wood burning or otherwise. I have a cherry Wedgewood in my kitchen that was my Grandma's, bought right before my mom was born.

7. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

10 points for anyone who can name the stile of wood stove!

8. mofugly13

Not a pot belly, you got me??

9. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Um....

"Drum","Barrel",or "Railroad" stove??? :confused: :crazy:

10. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

it 'looks" like a quebec style, wood goes up top, and a door at the bottom, i could be wrong, if anyone feels like corecting me

11. sweetk30

if you want to play this game i can get more pics for ya.:D

12. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I can tell you this much , Maytag bought the remnants of Hardwick , and let it die off . We still have microfilm on that brand at work , but nothing that damn old :D

13. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

Round:D

14. diesel4me

Stolen from the "Walton's"??..looks like Ike Godsey's!

I think it might be a "Parlor" stove... :confused:

It's a "wood" stove,right??--or is it a "coal" stove??... :confused: :crazy:

15. Jemaddux

Jemaddux Registered Member

I love the wood burning stoves. When we go camping I have one in our tent to keep it all nice and warm no matter what its like outside. My tent is 10X12 and my buddies is 12X14 so we set his up as the card playing tent at night and get the stove in his tent going. Its funny how many people will come by and want to take a look at your tent when you have a wood burning stove in it :D :D :D :D

16. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    I don't think the jug has much value unless you can find a old date stamp but they're cool to own. The stove is also a cool one and with alot of work, you could bring it back to life.
    He is a picture of my stove, it took me about a year to restore and we have used it everyday since it was done. The bummer is that it is going with the sale of my house next week :( . I'm gonna miss it.
    [​IMG]
    1915 stove. The upper rightside is a gas broiler, the upper leftside is a small oven. It use to heat the hot water for the house (old days) and even has a gas log lighter on the left side. Oh!, and 4 gas burners plus a warmer on top.

17. mofugly13

Man, that stove is absolutely fokking awesome. I picked up an old wedgewood, almost exactly like the one I already have from a guy who was gonna dump it. I am currently refurbishing it in my garage. At my hunting cabin I have a 1930's ere Crown stove with wood/trash burner on it. A lot of nice old stoves on the ranch where I hunt. There was one in pretty decent shape that sat on this hillside by a rope swing for years. As kids we'd climb on top of it and jump off to get the maximum swing possible over the gully. It was a kerosene fired stove and had a pump handle on the side to pressurize the fuel tank. Lately I had thought about cleaning it up a but, but to my dismay, last winter an oak fell on it, wrecking it completely. Bummer. I am always on the lookout for old stoves, ovens, gas and oil lamps, lanterns and such, as if my garage doesn't have enough crap in it already.

18. diesel4me

I like old iron too..

I found an old wood stove in the trunk of an olds delta 88 at the junkyard!--it was built in 1908,acording to the date casted into it,in Tauntom Mass,the town right next door to me..my co-worker ended up keeping it for his house,all it needed was a hinge on the door welded back on with nickel rod,and after a good sandblasting it looks like new again!..its the main attraction in his living room..

My older brother has and old porcelain stove similar to the one pictured,we rescued from a landfill!--its nearly mint,and I think its a Glenwood(not sure)...all I know is we freaked when we saw it sitting off to one side at the metal pile..the guy who manages the dump saw us looking at it,and said --

"If you want it--take it!--before somebody else does!--I'd keep it myself,but I already have a barn full of stuff from here--one more thing goes home with me,and I'm divorced!...I was hoping someone would take it--what a shame to throw out something that nice.." :doah: he was right,you could tell someones grandmother polished that thing daily..must have been someone's pride and joy..

I have a reprint of a 1908 Sears catolog..I read it for hours,and marvel at all the stoves they had then,and the prices--3 bucks for a wood stove!--and you could buy shotguns,rifles,and a zillion other things--all were top quiality items too..sigh..wish I'd been born sooner,when things were made to last--not to be thrown away like used kleenex.. :(