Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need some brotherhood help

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by protechk5, May 4, 2006.

1. protechk5

protechk5 1/2 ton status

Ok, this is the short verison. I bought a dirt bike motor on ebay on my ebay account for $619 but paid for it with my fathers paypal account. Well the motor was complete trash, I took pictures and everything, filed with ebay and paypal. Neither of them would do anything because I used my ebay name and my fathers paypal which was linked to his ebay. They closed the case the same day I opened it. Ok, called the credit card company, they temporarily took the money back while they reviewed the case. Well after that happened, paypal reopen the case, and then said to send the motor back to the seller. Ok, so I sent it back, now 1 month later the credit card company said it was the sellers word vs mine, so they gave back the money to him and closed the case. Well now Im out $619 AND a blown motor. Paypal and the credit card company both said theres nothing either of them can do now. What the fock should I do?????

Here the link I posted before- it has the pictures and stuff http://coloradok5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164609&highlight=motor

2. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Small claims court perhaps?

I dunno, really... That's probably your best bet, though...

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

You kept copies of all communications between yourself, paypal, the CC companies and the seller right? Verification of the engine being recieved back by the seller?

Time for small claims i think, just be prepared to have proof of every step you made, from the start of the deal until now. Same deal with pic's of the engine and it's condition on arrival at your doorstep. Date stamped pic's would be ideal...

Rene

4. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

my bud has had this exact situation happen two times from buying parts from ebay. this is why I would never buy ANYTHING from a private party on ebay. he spent 500 bucks for a original 66' chevelle grill which in the picture it looked presstine. BUT, the piece of garbage he got was rediculous. it was bent and dented and scratched all to hell. he got taken.

he just bought half doors for his jeep that were suposed to be painted factory silver with grey door pannels never offroaded. well he got half doors where the paint was still wet when it was shiped so they were stuck together, the mirrors were broke, the door pannels were tan pannels that were painted matt black, and not fully covered, and they were all dented up. again he got taken for 700 bucks. the pics looked like perfect doors.

I will never buy from a private party period. you just cant trust what your going to get.