Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need some carb linkage

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by AkMudr, Jan 20, 2005.

1. AkMudr

AkMudr 1/2 ton status

Anyone with a crappy ole Qjet that wouldnt mind yankin the tranny kickdown linkage off of???

Need it for when I swap in my th350.

I would check the junkyards but I have already spent enough time in them to know theres nothin around, or nothin left with the engine attached, much less the carb.

2. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

all it is is a cable, thats the linkage

and theres a difference from th350 to 700r4, they arent same deal, and th400 are electric, whole different thing again

theres auto trans carbs, and manual trans carbs,
    the last number of the carb stamping is even if its auto, and odd if its manual

need more info from you, this stuff changed alot over the years, cable ends, changed, lengths changed, throttle brackets, changed, etc.

im sure i have what youre looking for, once we figure out exactly what youre after, cuz it could be anything at this point, no idea

Last edited: Jan 21, 2005
  3. AkMudr

AkMudr 1/2 ton status

Completely stock 85 3/4 ton 4bolt 350 with the Quadrajet. Right now it has the 400/208 combo. I am putting in a 350/205 and will need to modify the carb to accept the kickdown cable. It is possible I dont need to do anything because there is a stud next to the throttle cable and there is nothing hooked up to it

I will openly admit I know little about carbs, thats fine with me lol. I believe I have the E4ME QJet but I will post a pic of it tomorrow and also a pic of the linkage side, maybe someone can confirm my carb already has the right stud for the kickdown.

Everything under the hood is original, nothing modified or anythin like that.

Off the top of my head I dont know what year the tranny/case are...was told late 70's early 80's.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2005