Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

need some drivetrain help

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by basing110, Jan 21, 2006.

1. basing110

basing110 1/2 ton status

i got my caddy 500 with a th400 tranny behind it but it has a adapter and a dana 20 behind it .. i need help on what exactly i need to get my new setup behind the tranny .. i wanna run a klune-v goliath into a twin sticked 205 clocked flat .. what parts do i need exactly to make them mate together? im thinking about getting a complete rebuilt 205 from ord but i dont know which input shaft to get and i want to use the strongest available becuase i will be switching to 1410 yokes anyways so i will be needing the 32 spline front and rear output 1410 shafts right?

2. micah

micah 1/2 ton status

I run a klune/205 combo. Basically all you need is a regular 6 bolt adapter. I used a short 700r4/208 adapter. The klune will come with a foot that goes between the 205 and the klune. In my case, the 205 has the 8 bolt pattern, so there was an additional 3/4 inch adapter for the front of the 205.

make sure you get a 205 from behind a 400 so you have the 32 input and then you can run the 32 in/out klune for the most strength. my 205 is 32 in, 32 out front, and fixed yoke rear (combo of a ford and a chevy case to get the best of each).

micah