Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need some engine help!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by AJBK588, May 4, 2006.

1. AJBK588

AJBK588 Registered Member

Hey this is my first thread i was woundering if i could get some help figureing out my problem. I have a 88 k5 blazer 5.7, I filled it up with gas on a thursday to about a little over 3/4 of a tank of gas than friday mornning i go to start it and as its cranking over, I see the fuel gauge going up and it wouldnt start. Now the fuel gauge stays way past a full tank and it still wont start but will pop on starting fluid. If u can give me some suggestion i would highly apreciate it.

Thank you,
    A.J.

2. 1979jimmy350

1979jimmy350 1/2 ton status

do you have the fuel pump coming on if you have TBI? where in IL are you located?

3. AJBK588

I Dont see any fuel going in or hear the pump. I am in Oak forest near tinley park

4. 1979jimmy350

1979jimmy350 1/2 ton status

there is a test wire for the fuel pump that is near the junction box on the fire wall, (the junction box is black with two studs on it) the fuel pump wire has a little black cover on it and should be a gray wire. Run 12 volts to that wire, if you hear the fuel pump, the problem lies in the wiring, if no pump you could have a short to ground(check with ohm meter) if not that the fuel pump is most likley bad

5. AJBK588

thanks for the help ill try that tomarow if u think of anything else please say thank u .

6. gmcjimmy90

gmcjimmy90 Registered Member

it could be the module in the dizzy, it has to send a signal back to the comp. to tell it to open injectors,this happened on mine it would fire just no fuel.