Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need some Exhaust shop help.... URGENT

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Silver84k5, Jun 2, 2004.

1. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

Ok im getting new headers and mufflers.... Anyone know of an exhaust shop that will run new pipes even though there are no longer Cats in there?

I called around and told the guys i have an offroad truck that is no longer driven on the road... Could you put some pipes in there for me if i brought you the truck?

One guy said it has to come in on a trailor and leave on a trailer.... Well i dont have a trailer.

I tried telling another guy that its a 77' with an 84' front clip.. He said they would have to check vin numbers and such...

So does anyone have any ideas? thx.

2. Silver84k5

well talked to one of the mufflers shops and they reminded about something somone once told me... just take a couple of old cats and put pipes through so i have a fake cat in there.....

Anyone have any old cats they need to get rid of (no i dont mean your pets)

3. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

the shop that did mine said cash only, no paper trail. Mine was a 79 and had already lost the cats by the time I got it.

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

call Mike at Mike's discount muffler 503-775-2499 he is on 82nd and duke mention me and he will do it for you /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. mudhog

did you give him a call?

6. Silver84k5

not yet... ill do it right now... stay tuned.

7. Silver84k5

no answer ill try back in a few minutes.

Does this guy do pretty good work or what? Your friend? Relative?

8. mudhog

he is a friend of mine and yes he does good work he has done work for several members rigs muddytazz bigbadburb and a few others /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif he is also the one who donated the new duel exhaust last year for the beach blast event

9. Silver84k5

right on thx... Hope he will do it... and hopefully i wont get pulled over on the way to his shop.... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. mudhog

he will do it for you and make sure you mention me and he will give you a better price /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. Silver84k5

well he said he would do it... so thats a plus.. didnt give me a price but he said theres nothin to it so it shouldnt be too much $125 maybe? thats the price meineke gave me but they also thought that i was bringing in a 77 with no cats not and 84... Thx shannon.

12. mudhog

no problem he will treat you right /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. mudhog

oh and have them run it like mine it is all up above the bottom of the frame /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif i also had them run it behind the rear shackle so when i do a shackle flip it wont interfere with it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. Silver84k5

im thinkin of just hhaving turndowns After the mufflers....

what about an H-pipe? I think cassidy said he could tell a difference after he got the H-pipe installed. So i might do that.

15. K5Kell

K5Kell Guest

Just had the same situation as you on my '87. called all the shops who of course refused, until I found one that would bend the tubing for me to put on myself, just took them some bent metal in the shape of the bends and the lengths and I was good to go, not perfect but definitely a cheap true dual dump system for 60 bucks(not including mufflers) /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif.
    -Kell-

16. fordeater

fordeater 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Anybody know a place in Spokane washington that will do the exhaust on my 84??? I went to one place, and they told me that if the EPA caught them doing it, there would be a $10,000 fine for the shop. So, the smart ass guy said he would do it, but it would be $10,000 plus the price of parts and labor. So, obviously i didn't do it.

17. mudhog

well????????? whats the update?

18. Silver84k5

waiting for my mufflers and headers to show up from Summit. should be today or tommorow... but i just read something about Breaking in a motor with new headers and how your not suppose to..... Ill prolly just break in the new motor with the new headers anyway cuz supposedly it only screws up the coating... and i just got some normal Hedman headers so i think they will be fine, no ceramic coating to mess up... I bought 50 series 3 chamber flows... I cant wait for my truck to be a little quieter /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Hopefully this weekend i can get it all hooked up.

19. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I cant wait for my truck to be a little quieter

[/ QUOTE ]

Better put the "H" pipe in then. It helps BIG TIME with duals both for performance and decibles! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif If I don't sell my /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif then I plan on having it installed. Mine is LOUD inside the cab. I swear..between the swampers and the duals....I can't hear sh*t anymore /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif I had to install a 1000 watt stereo just to hear tune overs all the other noise /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif