Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need Some Help ?1 Ton?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Looksback, May 18, 2003.

1. Looksback

Looksback 1/2 ton status

Sorry I did not really know how to post the wording for the title, but I would like to know what the GVW is on a '73-'80 one ton 2WD pick-up is it should be labeled on the VIN plate some were, and what does it mean "Weight At Ground"? Thanks any help would be apperciated.

Thanks for the help
    LooksBack

2. doctor4x4

doctor4x4 1/2 ton status

thats a pertty good ???
    i allways thought it was how much the truck actually weigh's but im not 100% sure my self if i were you id call the service manager at your local chevy delership and just ask over the phone or your local d.m.v. inspector
    good luck
    Randy
    hope it helps

3. jeffro

jeffro 1/2 ton status

The GVW is the weight of the truck when it's fully loaded to payload capacity. It should be on the door label. If you want to figure out what your truck weighs go to a feed store or a gravel company and fork over the 5 bux.

4. Looksback

Looksback 1/2 ton status

Well sort of, What I am trying to firure out is how much weight can a 1 ton 2wd truck take, but on the label in the door jamb it only gives info on what the max "Weight At Ground", The reason that I am trying to buy a large water tank for the back of my truck but I do not want ot excede the weight limit of my truck.

LooksBack

5. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

9000lbs for a C30 SRW regular cab
    9600lbs for a C30 SRW crewcab
    10,000 for a C30 DRW (either cab type)

old GM brochures

6. Looksback

Looksback 1/2 ton status

Cool Thanks, I figured it out

Thanks For THe help
    LooksBack

7. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

'81 f350 dually F350 listed GVW 10,000lbs, truck weighs 7,000, had at max 9,997 lbs of granite on it, drove it 5 blocks. She was squatting but did the job /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

8. Looksback

Looksback 1/2 ton status

That brings up another question I guess, Is how far down should my truck drop before I start to worry? The tank will proabably be used in two different trucks, the first a '74 1 Ton 2WD "Single Tire", and a '74 3/4 Ton 2WD. These two truck will be swapping jobs back and forth, so my guess is the 3/4 ton will be doing most of the work, because the one ton is my every day truck besides my blazer, and the truck that has the water will have to stay out in the country and will rarely see town.

Thanks for the help
    Looksback