Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need some help assembling my NP208!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Nrose07, Feb 25, 2001.

1. Nrose07

Nrose07 1/2 ton status

Mar 29, 2000
    I just replaced my shift fork (4H-N-4L), put everything back together and was turning everything over on the work bench. Everything seems fine but when I put it in neutral and turn it over I get a grinding noise like my planatary is trying to catch, it is in neutral but I don't like the noise. Now if I tilt the front of the tranny up there is no noise. Is this a adjustment problem that made my shift fork wear out in the first place? I don't really want to go sticking this back in my rig to find out I have to take it back out.
    Also anyone know which driven speedo gear I need for 31" tires, 3.07 rear end, and 700R-4? Just need the tooth count.
    I'm trying to find a diagram on the transfer case, all I have is the Hayes manual pictures, I need a complete diagram. If any one has one scanned they could send me it would be great.
    Thanks for the help!

Displacement, cubes, and did you say you drive a riceburner???