Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need some help from the brotherhood (and sisterhood).

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by dogdaysunrise, Feb 5, 2007.

1. dogdaysunrise

dogdaysunrise 1/2 ton status

Not sure the best way to put this so I will just spew my brain. Please bear with me.

As a background I just got out of a close to 5 year relationship about 6 months ago, and was feelin pretty crappy for a bit after it. I wasent too intrested in getting into another relationship at the time.

Anyways fastforward 6 months to now. I have really started to enjoy the company of one of my good friends. She is a very outgoing no BS kinda girl and I have known her and been friends with her for years.

Problem is she is big into the bar scene and I hate the bar, almost always get into a fight blah blah. I also know she can be very clingy and doesn't let things go. She works two jobs and is brutal with money. All things I really don't want in a relationship. Should be obvious then right? Well, thing is I know all of this and still can't stop myself from liking her.

Other thing is she is part of my group of friends and she is good friends with everyone in it. If we did get together and things went south, then that could throw a real big wrench in the gears, and I don't want to f*** up some real good friendships that have been there for 18 or so years.

Other thing is I don't even know if she likes me or not, I convince myself not then I get all kinds of signs that she does. Examples, she wanted me to come over and put up a bunch of shelves and mirrors and crap at her new place and always wants me to fix her car. Another one is just last night watching the Super Bowl she cuddled with me almost the entire game...

What do I do Boys and Girls? My other option is my friends Girl friend told me that her friend really likes me and wants to go on a date. Should I do that and just try to take my mind off the whole situation?

Thanks for putting up with my long ass confusing all over the place post. Any input is greatly appreciated at this point.

2. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

I'm gonna go work out, but I'll give you a call after dinner, Mike. :thumb:

3. dogdaysunrise

sounds good Paul, call my cell though 204.227.5166

4. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Roger that. :thumb:

5. skyyk5

skyyk5 1/2 ton status

Been there still there! UUUUmmmmmm Do what feels right???? Well when you find out let me know, Please.

6. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

go on a date with the other girl and see what happens.but the first girl sounds like she likes you.:thinking: but if she does things you don't like it won't work in the long run.i'm sorta in the same boat. but i'm trying to get back with the wife.:rolleyes: :haha: will girl #1 know if you go on a date with girl #2???

7. boggerless

your right! GUT instict!!thats the only way to go.mine has never let me down. when i go against it i find out the hard way.:eek1:

8. dogdaysunrise

yea she is roommates with my buddies girlfriend.

Yea I keep telling myself that to try and curb it, plus she is going to Australia to back pack next winter.

9. skyyk5

skyyk5 1/2 ton status

Mine is alittle different though. Would explain, but not going to hijack tread. Just instinct hurts sometime.

10. skyyk5

skyyk5 1/2 ton status

Just go out with her one time, but with the understanding if things don't work, you'll still be freinds. I know sounds corny.

11. skyyk5

skyyk5 1/2 ton status

Talk it out first, I geuss I mean.

12. boggerless

are you looking for something long term? if not maybe have fun..:D

13. dogdaysunrise

See we have done lots of stuff just the 2 of us many times before. We both always have fun, and we have had alot of long talks too. We have been good friends for along time and we know pretty much everything about each other. I talked to my buddy about it last night and all he said is I could see you guys going out and have thought you guys would make a good couple for a long time. Which didn't help my situation at all.

14. boggerless

i almost hi jacked my self.:eek1: i hear ya, i'll PM ya.

15. dogdaysunrise

I don't want things to be weird between us afterwards though. I mean she is one of my drinkin/partying/do crap together buddies. Know what I mean?

16. skyyk5

skyyk5 1/2 ton status

I do understand it. When the same thing happened to me ( she was a CLOSE freind) I decided not to. I think it was for the best, but don't know. You will Know if it totally feels right, Please believe me. Sound corny again! It might just feel good becuase she is a freind/girl or it might just feel right.

17. skyyk5

skyyk5 1/2 ton status

Cool:o

18. boggerless

my wife started that way.all we needed was the MYSTERY MACHINE!and we were Scoob and the gang.friends doing fun stuff.it didn't take long after"i do" for that **** to change.she made sure all the rest of the members were faded out.she cut all her friends off also.if i knew being married ment living in a cave,i never would have done it.UG. UG UG? UUGGGG!!!!UG..........:rolleyes: :haha: :haha:

19. skyyk5

skyyk5 1/2 ton status

Hang out toghether Alone, just take it from there.

20. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

I say pass her up. Go meet other women, they are out there. She doesn't sound like you'd be happy with her in the long run. You shouldn't try and change people, it won't work.