Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need some help from the Brotherhood...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TexasA&Mblazer, Feb 26, 2006.

1. TexasA&Mblazer

TexasA&Mblazer 1/2 ton status

On the 7th of this month, I won a Buy It Now auction on eBay for a pair of TL3 Nike Shox from the seller dunksneakers. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7743002063&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1 I looked around for a pair of these in this color combo for awhile on e Bay since I didn't quite want to pay $150 for them at Footlocker. The fishiness was evident soon after I won the auction. The seller sent an email to me saying I could send payment money order or credit card through the bidpay link in the auction. (BidPay has been out of business since late decmber) So I double checked his feedback before I sent the payment. He only had 2 negative feedbacks from more than 6 months ago and about 170 positive feedbacks, so I decided to go ahead and send the money order to him. I sent more messages regarding when he would ship the shoes upon arrival of said money order, and it was almost a week of no messages from him. So he finally gets my payment on the 17th. He sends me a message saying he only got my payment today (the same day). I think, OK, at least the guy's still alive, maybe I'll give him a second chance. I send him a message asking when my item will ship, no feedback for a few days. At this point, I'm gettingf anxious so I took another look at his feedback. Since the last time I checked it, he has racked up over 25 negative feedbacks from people and has made his feedback private. Now I am just plain pissed. I requested the dude's personal info from eBay on the 21st (I got his phone number, address, name, and city.) So basically the only usable info I got was his phone number because I had all that other info before. The next day, I look at his profile, and guess what, the FOCKTARD is listed as:NO LONGER A REGISTERED USER! :mad: I haven't called the punk yet, and frankly don't know what to say. So I decided I'll wait another few days to see if the shoes actually show up. If they don't, and his number is diconnected or something, am I screwed? Isn't this called MAIL FRAUD? I can send ya'll his personal info (phone number, address, name) through PM if you feel like you can help me out with this scumbag. I kinda feel like I'm jumping the gun on this...but it's probably better safe than sorry. PLEASE HELP ME DEAL WITH THIS DUDE. If you feel you can be of assistance :whistle:, just PM and I'll give you whatever info you need on this guy. Thanks for all your help, Brotherhood.

2. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

dispute the credit card charges, and call it good. no goods delivered, no charges.

3. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Have you contacted eBay about him yet? Did you send the money order by registered mail? If so, you can file a complaint with the Post Office,I'm pretty sure.

4. TexasA&Mblazer

Problem is, I sent a money order. :o

5. TexasA&Mblazer

I can't find a place on eBay where you would do such a thing. :(

6. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

if you sent a US Postal Money order, i'm pretty sure it is in fact postal fraud.

7. TexasA&Mblazer

Has anyone gone through the process of filing a claim of mail fraud against someone? Any tips on the process? I really hope this focker comes through....

8. TexasA&Mblazer

OK, I opened an "Item Not Recieved" report with eBay. The problem is, since the dude isn't a registered user anymore, how the hell will he respond to it? :confused:

9. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

Dude, you got Wenzeled :(

10. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Yeah there isn't much ebay can do except ban him from selling.
    You can file a postal mail fraud case. If you kept your reciept of the MO and he cashed it. I dont know how that will work out tho. Never done it myself.
    Best thing when using Ebay is to use Pay Pal buyer credit. They have buyer protection plans. If someone screws you you can get your money back. Paypal sicks their creditor on them.

11. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

12. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Post or PM me the name and address that you sent the MO to.

13. kgblazerfive

kgblazerfive keymaster Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Love the saying

If you used a postal money order then you have some hope. If you didn't you may be screwed unless you can prove who picked it up.

FYI you can order any color or style from NIKE, and even do a custom color, but don't tell anybody here they will harass you:rolleyes:

14. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

Werd!

15. blazd88

blazd88 1/2 ton status

youve got his address right? let drive over there and pay him a visit lol.
    if not good luck it could take a while but you should be able to resolve it.

16. TexasA&Mblazer

PM sent.

17. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

I have used the United States Postal Service to report mail fraud before. You may or may not get your stuff, but you will definatley put the whammy on that S.O.B.. They will contact a collection agency and it WILL affect his credit rateing. It makes it easier if you have his mailing address.

Good luck.

18. TexasA&Mblazer

Does anyone know what the number is you dial to call someone anonymously? I'm gettin redy to call the guy but don't want him to know my #.

19. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

*67, I believe....

20. TexasA&Mblazer

Thanks Canmore