Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need some help from the guys who know the CUCV

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by 84CUCV, Jul 20, 2002.

1. 84CUCV

84CUCV 3/4 ton status Premium Member

I went to a DRMO with a friend. There was a truck there with 20,000 on it real clean no rust at all. I put a 900 bid in thinking this is all I can afford now. Did not think it would happen because of the low miles and the good parts on it. Well, I won it! I was told I bid to much to. My blazer will be a 1 ton soon. Anyway, it is missing the front from the radiator up. The wiring was real cut up i needd to know how I can test the 6.2 before i sell it to fund the project Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. DieselDan

DieselDan 1/2 ton status

If you're just trying to test the motor you should be able to send power (12V) to the fuel solenoid and HPCA (mounted on the pump). Power up the glow plug solenoid (12V signal/24V controlled) for just 15 seconds. Then crank/jump the starter solenoid (24v).

It doesn't take too much to run a diesel. The radiator or lack thereof should be a problem for a few minutes.

Other wise a compression test can reveal alot. There are special units that screw into the glow plug socket, and read the higher pressures.

3. 84CUCV

84CUCV 3/4 ton status Premium Member

I want to make sure it is a good motor brfore I try to sell it. I don't want to make anyone think I sold them a peice of junk. i was hopping I could run it for a short time. Thanks