Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

need some HELP locating two wires

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 89Burben, Nov 16, 2006.

1. 89Burben

89Burben Registered Member

81 k10

trying to figure out where my oil pressure sender wires are and the wire for the temp sender.......

all i need to know is what color they are and where are they located as they come through the firewall (on the connector)

my hanyes manual says the temp is dark green and the oil pressure wire is tan..........

help please!

2. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

yup...

Dark green for the temp sender,goes to drivers side head --tan wire for the oil pressure switch...both come from the firewall bulkhead connector that bolts to the fuse box,and then go into the harness...:crazy:

3. 89Burben

yeah i was kinda looking for where they are located on the "firewall bulkhead connector" so i can trace the wires from there

a picture would help......

maybe ill take one later and someone would point them out??

4. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Um....

The "Firewall bulkhead connector" is simply the back half of the fuse box--there is a bolt that holds the underhood harness and the fuse box together,that you'd unscew if you wanted to pull the nose off..its located just to the right of the steering colum...where just about every other wire in the truck is!... --might be one or two small rubber grommets with wires coming out of the firewall too,for gas tank and heater wires..:crazy:

5. 89Burben

i know where that is! im looking where those wires are on the bulkhead connector

6. randy88k5

randy88k5 1/2 ton status

Im not exactly sure what you are asking. Both wires (pressure sender and temp sender) are coming from the drivers side engine compartment. They are going to be wrapped up with the mess of wires that gous through the firewall below the dash next to the steering column. From there they go to various locations (dash gauges, fuse box, etc...)

If you know the colors and the location, trace them. You might need to move the fuse box or some other things, but it should be pretty straitforward. Try putting some more light under there, you might not be seeing it.

7. frankin5

frankin5 Super Mall Crawler Premium Member

tan oil pressure is pin 31, water temp is pin 35