Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need some help w/ a 350 and bolting up a turbo 400 to a 208....

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 84CUCV, Apr 29, 2003.

1. 84CUCV

84CUCV 3/4 ton status Premium Member

I am sure this is very basic, to most of you, but I know a little about diesels and nothing about a gas motor. I am looking at a sub I found. What do I need to look for to make sure the motor is sound? I have a faint idea what to look for, but not to sure. I am repairing and selling a M1009. I got it running. It is just about done actually. I need to know if there is a gasket that goes between the 208 and the adapter or could I just use rtv after I get the rust off? For the stock front drive shaft what u-joint goes in there? the one in there now is to rusty to tell if there is anything there. Come to think of it anyone have a rear driveshaft they want to sell? Well, that is it for now. I appreciate the help! Thanks Mike

2. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Yes on the RTV between the adapter and T-case. Just not on the tranny side of the adapter.

Should be a 1310 u-joint on the front, but someone else may chime in on that one.

John

3. 84CUCV

OK....Thanks how much does the rust matter? I thought a 1310 was for 1 tons? I need the one for a stock front shaft and a 10 bolt. Mike

4. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

1350 is one tons I believe. 1310 is the 1/2 ton fronts.

Get the rust off first. Everything will seal better that way. A wire wheel will do fine, or if no access to one, a piece of emery cloth around the sealing area will work if a little work is done.

John

5. 84CUCV

Thanks John