Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need some help with gettitng a title

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Chris_T, Aug 14, 2002.

1. Chris_T

Chris_T 1/2 ton status

First a little background:

I've recently moved from Alberta to Missouri and went in to register and title my truck. I explained to the apparently helpful person at the desk that in Alberta we don't have separate titles and registrations, but that they're linked. In fact, on the back of an Alberta registration form is the bill of sale used for title transfer.

Today I get home and my application has been returned. In addition to getting my name wrong they've asked me to return the form with the assigned title, but my AB registration is stapled to it .. this is my title!

Surely someone has done this before me and knows what I need ... the Dept. of Revenue doesn't seem to be very good at answering their phones.

Thanks

CT

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    the Dept. of Revenue doesn't seem to be very good at answering their phones.

[/ QUOTE ] Welcome to the USA! Our government is VERY good at taking and spending our money. But getting them to do anything in return can be quite challenging and frustrating. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

3. Chris_T

Chris_T 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the welcome. The most memorable one was the weather in Mid-Missouri the day I got to town .. I almost packed up and went home

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I don't blame ya! My wife and I stopped in St. Louis in July about 16 years ago. It was 107 degrees and miserable humidity.