Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

need some help with smaller tires and rims

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 85burbanator, Jan 30, 2005.

1. 85burbanator

85burbanator 1/2 ton status

im taking the body off my blazer to work on the frame and its a pain in the butt trying to reach over the fenders to undo things. what rims will fit it so i can put little tiny tires on it to bring it down to a lowere level? ill be puting the fram in my garage as well so the smaller tires will help there to. should i just take some small 15" rims and weld in a new center section to fit the trucks lug pattern?

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

i have 8 lug stock rims with bald scrap 205/55/16 car tires on them. this gets me about 3" or so off the ground on my 14ff unshaven. i got the tires at work. cars that cun them are the some rice burnners, and some american. the small ones with performance packages. the tires make my truck look like a monster truck before the big tires are on it. try this.

3. 85burbanator

i was thinking of using some ricer wheels, cutting out the centers and welding a plate in there with the same blt pattern. i work next to a tire place so i know i can get bald tires for free. ust trying to find some wheels. ive got 10 bolts front and rear so ground clearance isnt as much of an issue as it is with a 14 bolt. what ricers run 15 inch wheels? civics?

edit: i re-read your post and i like the idea of using stock rims with smaller tires. that might work and be easier then what i had in mind. thanks

4. sweetk30

try 205/60/15 vary popular these days , and mayby you might just find some 195/15" cant remember if its 60 or 65 series on the 195s thay arnt as comon around here.

5. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Try 16" 8 lug rims and some lo-pro 16" rubber. That'll save you having to cut the centers out and weld new ones in...

Rene

6. sweetk30

trustyk5 must be slipping thats what i said . and he said he has 6 lug not 8.
    just wanted to give you a little hell buddy.

7. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Just woke up...:crazy:

If it's 6 lug why bother recentering a rim? Get some 15" 6 lug rims and mount lo-pro baldy's on it.

Rene

8. 85burbanator

i think thats what im going to do. thanks guys.:D

9. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Why bother with tires??

We used rims to get one guys truck into a shop with low door clearence once--
    Just rims,with NO tires!!!--the rear diff almost dragged the ground,but it worked out pretty good!....once inside,the owner of the shop put the tires and rims back on,to prevent theft,and prevent the owner of the truck from taking the truck before payment was made on the repairs we did--thats one way to keep it from leaving!!...:crazy:

10. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

I borrowed a set of stock steel 15" Toyota rims from a friend and mounted some bald 215/60 car tires on them when I had 6-lug axles. I know keep a set of stock steel 8-luggers with some 245/75's on them for times like this.

11. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

man that must have been you shortest post ever!!!!!!
    lol j/k

hell you could just leave the rims on i dont think any one would get very far, and even if they did easy to follow them !!!!!