Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need some help with window defogging

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Ryan2286, Jun 3, 2003.

1. Ryan2286

Ryan2286 Registered Member

During the spring season lately my windshield has been fogging up badly. Usually at night when headlights glare off of the fogged up surface. I cant figure it out. I 'll run hot defrost, cold defrost, windows up windows down, heat, and vent, nothing works. I noticed something this morning aswell, I had it on cold defrost and I saw smoke coming out of the vents. AS soon as I saw this I shut off the blower and turned the setting to off. When I tried it again everything functioned normal with no smoke appearing. The blower pushes the air well and the heat works fine so what could be my problem? I'm tired of having to wipe down the inside of my windshield at every red light. thanks for any help or suggestions on where to start.

2. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Sounds like you have ultra-high humidity in there.

I wonder if your system has plugged drain holes.

To keep my MX goggles from fogging I buff them with dish soap. Have no idea how that would work on a windshield /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

3. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

Just use Rain-X antifog on it. It's suppose to be the same as the dish soap/water solution.

4. DieselDan

DieselDan 1/2 ton status

Just to play Devil's Advocate: you don't have a heater core leak do you? /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

5. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

I'll second the heater core leak.

6. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Vote number three for a heater core leak. That's a classic description of the problem. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif