Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need Some Help

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by therobzilla, Feb 2, 2005.

1. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

Ok AZ guys, I need some help locating a part for my Onboard Air setup for the Dodge Cummins.... No comments from the peanut gallery, especially you Matt.

Look at the picture attached, I need a clutch for my York like the one attached. The backset is the most important. The overall size of the cluch setup is 6", and the 2.25" backspace from the hole on the compressor is the most important measurment. I have two other ones that don't measure the correct backspace and will trade you if you have the correct backspace.

I should be receiving the bracket for the Cummins this week and was hoping one of you guys would have what I need before I go heading off to the junk yards to find one.

Do me a huge favor and see if you have one of these sized clutches laying around if you have a York.

Thanks,
    Rob

[​IMG]

2. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

Rob I have a contact at tri city auto, they only do commercial sales. But my ex's father is a part owner of the company and they deal with york. If you cant find the part used, could you find a part # and I can see if he can get it.

-shawn

3. therobzilla

Shawn,

I appreciate the offer, but as of current, I do not have the part number. Kilby Onboard Air stocks the clutch, and the part number he uses is his own part number, they don't cross against anything I know of. I can get the part from Kilby but it's $110.00 and right now I stretched the budget a little getting the bracket. Don't have the $$ for the clutch. The bracket that Brad sells is designed to work only with this sized clutch, I forgot that when I ordered the bracket for the Cummins.

I was hoping that I could find the clutch assembly from someone that has a few Yorks laying around waiting for Onboard Air for the rig, and then swap them for the one I have.

I actually have a clutch that is the right backspacing, but the diameter is 7" instead of 6". The 7" clutch will hit the radiator overflow jar on the Cumming and change the belt size, which in turn changes the ratios of the output of the York. I was hoping to find one locally, may just have to hit the bone yards this week and see if I can find one. Just don't want to spend the $$ until I have to for the new clutch.

Thanks for the offer Shawn, if I find the part number, I may just take you up on the offer.

Keep looking guys!!!!

Rob

4. therobzilla

Shawn,

We also have an account with Tri City, thru Desert Rat.

I'm sure your discount is better though.:D

Rob

5. B_to_C

B_to_C 1/2 ton status Author

I have one sitting on my york. (I just ordered my serpentine clutch / pulley from brad yesterday actually :cool1: ) so you could have this one for the price of shipping if you want.

-Nick

6. therobzilla

Nick,

I just PM'ed you.

Rob

7. therobzilla

Thanks for the help everyone, I found one Nick had one and is sending it to me this weekend.

Thanks again!!! :D