Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need some help

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ndestroya, Oct 16, 2005.

1. ndestroya

ndestroya Registered Member

I talked to a guy selling a 1985 C-10 with some nice BFG's on it and 68,000 original miles and runs perfect for $1,500, i was wondering if this seems like a good deal,and the body is straight and the 4wheel drive works fine. Also i was wondering if it wounld be fuel injection or not.
    Thanks, Josh

2. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Um , well..

If its a four wheel drive half ton truck,its actually a K-10--a C-10 is a 2wd!..
    Fuel injection started in 1987 ,so an 85 would have a carb factory,unless someone swapped in a later motor.(a lot of work to change to fuel injection,so its doubtful)..if the body and frame are rust free,I'd guess it MIGHT be worth 1500 bucks..its hard to say anymore..low milage and a rust free body are desireable selling features..most trucks that old have well over 100,000 miles,and are pretty rusty,especially on the east coast..

I'm trying to sell my 79 C-10 for a few weeks now --its got a decent,but not perfect body for its age..newer 305 motor,etc..so far not one person has shown the slightest interest--I have it priced at 1650,but that is negotiable!..nobody here seems to want a 2wd,or if they do,they want it for 500 bucks..its an antique,no emisson test!..but people here want status,not a dependable cheap vehicle I guess..gotta have a hummer or a land rover. :surepal:

The price of gas has all but killed resale value of anything that gets under 20 mpg!..at a friends used car lot,they have a MINT 94 GMC 1500--2wd--its been there over a month and a half,they are asking $ 2,150 for it! :eek1: --low mileage too,but only a few people looked it over,so far NO one has test driven it,or made an offer!--doesn't make me very hopeful about selling mine...

Everywhere I went today,I see a car,truck,motorhome,hot rods,motorcycles ,riding mowers,etc,on people's front lawns for sale..everyone is hurting for money,and nobody is buying--unfortunate for the sellers like me,who need the cash more than the burden of another vehicle to insure,inspect,register,and keep gas in..only thing selling good around here is heroin,crack,pot,and "for sale" signs... :(

3. ndestroya

ndestroya Registered Member

Thanks diesel i really appreciate all the info ya gave me, i am gonna go talk to the guy on tomorrow and see what i can get it for, thanks for all the help again!
    Thanks, Josh