Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need some help...

Discussion in 'Audio' started by xchevyxtc, Aug 27, 2001.

1. xchevyxtc

xchevyxtc Registered Member

I am trying to wire the cap that i got from a fellow colok5er and i went to my local shop..wait ex-local shop and they just made it sound so intricate which i know its not and also were going to charge me 3.50 a foot for 4 guage wire...anyway long story short i walked out...i have two amps..one for the subs and one for the mids...i was told by him to run a four gauge fused wire to the cap..then run another 4 guauge to a a distribution block and then (2) 8 guage wires to the amps..ok will that work..??? and if so its a stinger cap capable of handling the two amps...but is stinger wire good i can get it on ebay for like 1.50 a foot ....ok well that should be enough for now.. anything else you need to know to help me just ask i will be checking reply's all night.. thanks for all of your help...

Tyler

2. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

The wiring instructions were right on, and the price was about average anymore. Stinger wire is good stuff - go ahead and get it. Also make sure that you put an inline fuse within 18" of the battery - not only for safety, but if you ever enter a soundoff, it makes the judges feel all warm and fuzzy.

If the shoe fits, get another one just like it
    <a target="_blank" href=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>pugsley.alloffroad.com</a>

3. xchevyxtc

xchevyxtc Registered Member

i already have an double fused distribution block..can i use it...have an inline fuse at the battery and have the amps fused individually at the back after the cap???does that make any sense...is that too many fuses? thanks again..

Tyler

4. Prembird

Prembird 1/2 ton status

no your fine on the fuse part... better to be safe then sorry..

Prembird
    [​IMG] <font color=blue> If it aint</font color=blue><font color=red> LOUD </font color=red><font color=blue> Then turn it </font color=blue><font color=red> UP</font color=red> [​IMG]