Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need some help??

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by therobzilla, Jan 5, 2004.

1. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

OK,

If you have not heard yet, yesterday's trip out to Florence was ugly for therobzilla, I really lost the CHI, must have given it to Eric..

For all that did not hear, broke 3 axles on same trail all in same day..... Both front axles and a rear 12bolt.

I usually have a pretty decent supply of d44 shafts, but lately my short side inner supply is a little low, especially after the last month of wheeling. Hell this month I have broken 5 shafts alone.

I need at least 2 short side inner shafts and at least one more long side inner. I have plenty of outer stub shafts, but don't have any more short inners left. I was really hoping that I could find some of these locally. Can anyone hook a brother up??

I am going to swap in a set of Superior Crmo shafts with CTM's but the CTM's have a month leasd time.

Please post up if you have a shaft or a set of shafts you are willing to part with, and maybe we can cut a deal....

Thanks guys!!!!

Rob

2. Moose

Moose 1/2 ton status

Rob hey, A guy here at work has a set of axles(44 front rotor to rotor and a 12 bolt reare drum to drum) for $ /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif200.00

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I'll try and swing past Ecology and the other little you pull it tomorrow after work and will see what I can see for you Rob. If I find any I will pick them up for you.

Harley

4. or2play

or2play 1/2 ton status

I have a complete 44 sitting under my suburban that I won't be needing much longer. The only thing I see being a problem is the time until its out of the truck. From my conversion with Grant, it sounded like you need axles asap. (the weekend mainly). I don't know, but I'm open to almost anything. I can pm you with my cell # if you wanta talk. Or I can call you.

5. 77ChevyK10

77ChevyK10 1/2 ton status

ok
    dont for get the shakle blot you sheared.

Andrew

6. therobzilla

Brian,

I PMed you..

Rob

7. Jays Beast

Jays Beast 1/2 ton status

Rob sent ya a PM.

8. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I went past Ecology today after work along with the yard just south of them. Scouting report:

Ecology:
    2 complete D44's (one w/flat tops)
    1 complete 12 bolt 6 lug axle
    $36 per axleshaft (inner and outer)
    $23 per rear axleshaft
    Other yard:
    1 shortside D44 axleshaft available (w/flat tops)
    forgot to ask $, but probably similar

FYI: 1/2 OFF day at Ecology is going to be January 17th so if you can wait that long and they are still there they are 1/2 off.

If you want me to pull them or if you want help pulling them then let me know.

Harley

9. therobzilla

Thanks for the heads up, looks like I will be heading to the junk yard for some shafts.

Harley, send you a PM.

Rob