Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need some ideas for interior floor

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BlazerBoy, Jun 13, 2000.

1. BlazerBoy

BlazerBoy 1/2 ton status

I am doing my resto, and have everything out of the interior, I dont want to put carpet back in because it is too expensive and will get ruined anyways. I was thinking of rhinolining the floor?? I also read about some people making wooden beds? I am looking to see what you guys think I should do. Maybe I could find a vinyl floor?? Any ideas are welcome.. I plan to either rhinoline the underside or use por-15 also.. Thanks

BlazerBoy
    http://generalblueballs.coloradok5.com

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I'm going to use indoor outdoor carpet for the rear because it's cheap( neighbor gave it to me)And so it doesn't get toasted when I throw a deer or Elk(cross your fingers on the Elk) in the back, I was going to build some sort of shallow box made out of particle board and just paint it,a killing box if you will! If you put down some sort of paint on bed liner, that could get expensive .

3. joe84bb

joe84bb Registered Member

I would also like to go with the rhino-lining throughout the whole interior floor and up the sides of the bed. I just don't have the financial backing yet! If you haven't seen it Perma-Tech has a really cool looking glow-in-the-dark liner.

I know just enough to know that I'll never know enough.

4. James90

James90 1/2 ton status

I am going to have the whole back and floor line-xed I got my rocker panels done monday and the stuff looks real nice.adn it will only cost me 450 for the back and the floor

[​IMG]Go prepared
    </font color=red>90 k5 soon to be big, bad, and mean

5. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

6. mudfanatic

mudfanatic 1/2 ton status

Herculine the entire interior, 1.5 gallons will do two thick coats from front to back then you'll have 1/2 gallon left to go over any spots that you think are too thin. $99 a gallon.
    Then POR15 the underside and you'll never have to worry about rust, Oh wait, you're not the one who wants to do the underside!
    I have checked into Herculiner and that is what my ultimate dream is, after getting a whole new gate and parts, and repairing the rust on the floorpan, and dropping in a crate motor, and getting the corp 14 dana 60 combo, and, and, and,
    I could keep going on but I'll stop now[​IMG]
    Dan

<font color=red>get involved with land issues or lose the land</font color=red>

7. James90

James90 1/2 ton status

how much does that por 15 stuff cost and where can you get it? thanks

[​IMG]Go prepared
    </font color=red>90 k5 soon to be big, bad, and mean

8. BlazerBoy

BlazerBoy 1/2 ton status

9. CrazeeBush

CrazeeBush 1/2 ton status

10. BlazerBoy

BlazerBoy 1/2 ton status

I dont really know yet I havent truely tested it, I have only had it on my frame for a couple weeks but, there is no doubt that it is much much stronger than regular paint. with out a doubt. I am going to start using it on everything. It is UV sensitive so if it is going to be in the sun they recomend you top coat it with some good paint.

BlazerBoy
    http://generalblueballs.coloradok5.com

11. mudfanatic

mudfanatic 1/2 ton status

I just checked out POR's site last night and they have their own outer coatings now that can handle UV rays. This stuff looks like a 4x4 owners dream come true.
    Dan

<font color=red>get involved with land issues or lose the land</font color=red>