Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need some ideas???

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by breyon55, Jun 10, 2002.

1. breyon55

breyon55 Registered Member

Aug 19, 2001
    Ok after a few weeks of not bein able to sell my 78 cheyenne blazer, its time to do it right. And since everyone on here has a lot more knowledge on blazers than me....i have a few questions.
    1. Where can I get 2 new doors, 2 new fenders and a hood. Anywhere in the bay area specialize in truck parts? Im in Newark so the first place im gonna try is the salvage yards by the house but if theres a place that has what i need ill go there first.
    2. what does everyone think about spraying the exterior with line-x....interior is a must so thats not a hard one and i have a hook up on it so $$$ isnt a big deal.
    3. When my transfer case is in high lock it always seems to pop out...could this just be an adjusment problem with the linkage or does it need to be gone through.
    4. As of now it has a 4" lift with 35's...i would like to put 37 or maybe 38's on it w/o having to put another lift on it and i would also like to cut the fenders......is this an easy task?????
    4. With 37's 38's what would be the best gear ratio to use. Im not worried about driving it on the freeway...just the occasional around town and wheeling.
    Just tryin to get everyones input on this and thanks.
  2. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Mar 14, 2002
    1) If you were closer to me I could help ya with the hood, doors and fenders. I know where there is a complete '81 blazer being parted out....The front clip is in great shape. Doors too. The doors would work on your rig....But the rest wouldn't, unless you wanted to change the entire front clip to an '81.
    2) Talk to Dan, (gokartergo) he just did the exterior of his trail rig with red Herculiner.
    3) I would guess it's just an adjustment thing. Mine does the same but not in Hi'lock, just Low. Don't quote me on that though.
    4)The fender trimming is a simple thing. Just bust out the Sawz-All.
    5) With 37's-38's, and no worries about highway driving....4.56's would probably do ya good....Or maybe 5.13's if ya wanted to get crazy. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif
  3. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

Feb 17, 2000
    with 37" mtrs i am runnin 4:56 and pullin 3k on the freeway at 70 /forums/images/icons/grin.gif