Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

need some info on the original factory roof rack

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by big d, Jan 21, 2002.

1. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

any body out there have a diagram/instructions for the original factory option roof rack ? i need assembley instructions because someone from ck5 was nice enuff to send me theirs that they no longer wanted . is it possible it is located in a factory manual, i know it was dealer installed. please some one help me out. thanks.

darrenolander
    galva,il.
    1979chevycheyenneblazer
    350/350
    gettin'down on all fours, 4 a'little
    x4 play !

2. wheelnut46

wheelnut46 1/2 ton status

I have a roof rack on mine and have never seen one on another. Can you post a pic of yours? I'll send you a pic of my truck with the rack and you can tell me if its the same. Maybe someone could post the pic.

Bill
    '77 GMC Jimmy
    '46 chevy pickup
    '67 Chevelle Malibu

3. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

dude, theres lots of them out out there. go to www.slosh .com and go through the blazer sale fliers. theres lots of pics of blazers through the years with this same roof rack. there are also some in the members rides here at ck5. unfortunately assebled pics does not show me how exactly they go together. i also need interior shots , in the off chance i may be missing some pieces. one can look at newer suv's and see they are almost standard. thanks for replying and i hope in some way i have helped you at the same time. hope to see your pics. thanks.

darrenolander
    galva,il.
    1979chevycheyenneblazer
    350/350
    gettin'down on all fours, 4 a'little
    x4 play !

4. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

I got a '78 topper in storage with a rack on it. Doesnt look like my bolts pass thru the top.......they are conviently sunk into the spots where the "eves"/ ribs are........the rack looks like a big "U" and is held on with 6 metal hangers.

<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/thatguydrew23>http://community.webshots.com/user/thatguydrew23</a>
    "JEEP....SO GIRLY, BARBIE HAD TO HAVE IT"

5. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I haven't ripped a top in half to double check, but the ones I've taken spoilers off of use threaded aluminum rivets with rubber gaskets. I'd *assume* the racks were the same way.

Dorian
    My tech/links page: <a target="_blank" href=http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html>www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html</a>
    Why insist on counting when the ring gear has the tooth counts stamped in?