Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

need some input.. pics inside..

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by k5 krawler 50, Dec 20, 2005.

1. k5 krawler 50

k5 krawler 50 1/2 ton status

Well this is somewhat of a newb question, but here we go anyway. I just recieved two of my 4 hummer rims today, and on the outter piece of one it is bent..

My question is.. how do i fix this..?? Am i able to fix it at home, or could i take it to somewhere like les schwabb to have them fix it? Any and all advice is welcome.. thanks..
    Cory

Last edited: Apr 15, 2006
  2. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

I have fixed a few HMMWV rims like that with a BFH. Takes a little patience though

3. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

You can bend the bead back with an adjustable wrench--a big one,at least 12" or more long..the BFH works too..takes a bit of experience though..if they aren't bent that bad,might be best to leave it..only going to get bent more possibly anyway,right??:wink1: ...

4. k5 krawler 50

k5 krawler 50 1/2 ton status

Well i'm thinking that once i get it straight (hopefully) i can install rock rings on them.. It doesnt seem to be bent to bad.. so hopefully i can mess around with it. I was thinking BFH.. but with my lack of patience i would probably get carried away and mess it up even more..