Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

need some input!!UPDATE STILL NEED HELP!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sapper, Jun 4, 2004.

1. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Im trying to reassemble my axle and seem to be a idiot. I pulled the rotors off to have them turned and replace a bunch of brake stuff, got everything today and im want to get it put back together. I got the hub and rotor together and placed on the spindle, put in the bearing, rear nut, spacer and front nut, going pretty easy, now my problem is putting the warn part into it, it will slide over the spindle but keeps stoping about a 1/2 inch short, i got the other sides hub out and it fits into that one fine /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif i really want to go to the beach tommarow so someone tell me dumb and simple thing im missing. TIA

ok i looked some and found the problem, the outer splines are not matching up for some reason, the inner splines will slide right onto the spindle but the outers wont seat into the hub and for some reason spinning it is not doing the trick and there are no key splines /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

2. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

you can spin the inner and outer part seperate. Have to line up the splines inside the hub up and the splines on the axle shaft. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif