Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

need some lift suggestions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 4x4k20, Nov 22, 2003.

1. 4x4k20

4x4k20 1/2 ton status

i have a 4 inch lift now under my 79k20 with a dana 60 front.... i need a couple more inches to clear some 36s that i am looking to buy...... how can i do this without spending alot of money? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Ummm..break out the saw and remove those annoying body parts. All it costs is a saw blade or grinding wheel /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Ummm..break out the saw and remove those annoying body parts. All it costs is a saw blade or grinding wheel /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    yup

or a zero rate in the front. 40 bones i think.

or if you want a bit stiffer ride an add a leaf. a couple inches there. also about 40 dollars i think.
    or 6 inch springs....
    Grant

4. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

And a better idea than chopping fenders on a nice truck(I've seen your truck, you look like you care what it looks like, I'm with ya on that!) anyway a better idea would be zero rates with extended shackles. That would probably give you just enough room. A 3" body lift would work but they are a lot of fun to deal with /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif. If it was me I would probably just start over with 8 or 10" superlift springs so the fenders would be clear without cutting.

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

If you have any intention of using your truck at all, I'd cut the fenders a little bit. It won't detract from the appearance much to get some additional clearance for 36s with 4" only.