Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need some lifting advice

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by denver75k5, Jan 20, 2002.

1. denver75k5

denver75k5 1/2 ton status

Sonn I will be switching to a D60 front and the 14b rear and from what i understand the D60 will give me another 1" in the front and added with the ORD shackels that will be another 1/2". So my question is, what would be the best way to level the rear out? Im currently running a 4" suspention lift (all 4 springs) and a 2" body. Keep in mind there is a degree shim on the bottom of the rear springs, also if I do lift it 2" more in the rear will it mess with my driveline angle?

Thanks for the help........
    T.J..........

" Wider IS Better!!!"coloradok5.com/gallery/albun51?&page=1

2. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Now remember the 14 bolt will give a tad more hight but very little. Sounds like your not a big fan of blocks which I can understand but one thing you might concider is to make some solid blocks from steel stock and weld them to your axel at the most you would be looking at an 1 1/2- 2" with the blocks welded there should no movement. There are'nt to many choices for you since you already have 4" rear springs unless you go to 6" springs and a flip would result in 8".
    Corey 78K5

3. denver75k5

4. chuka

chuka Registered Member

you could bolt on a 2"shakle flip from ORD and have 6'' total with your current springs. these are supposed to improve pinion angles too. besides that, you'll see alot more flex.

wheelin bast*rd<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by chuka on 01/21/02 01:49 AM.</FONT></P>

5. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

There you go I did'nt think of those that would be another choice.
    Corey 78K5............GO RAM'S.............

6. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Why not just add the ORD 1" zero rate to the rear. That way you still have only 1/2" to make up and I figure you'd prbably wont notice after the weight of a winch and engine block settling the front. ...... just another thought.

<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/thatguydrew23>http://community.webshots.com/user/thatguydrew23</a>
    "JEEP....SO GIRLY, BARBIE HAD TO HAVE IT"

7. denver75k5