Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need some Manly stuff for my car!

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by Capman2k, Jan 6, 2002.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

yeah, yeah, this is a TRUCK place, but someone might have what I need :D

I'm looking for stuff to make my 86 Subaru GL Sedan a "manly" car... bought it from an obsessed female who named it mary, wrote letters to it, put butterfly and winnie the pooh stickers all over, purple speaker covers, and a very girlish rug as a back seat cover...

Since I'm not a girl, and I can't be seen driving around school in a girly car, I need some manly stuff.. I took off all the stickers (except that stupid donkey one in the back window that doesn't wanna come off!) and put in my fuzzy dice...

I want the following items cheap (I could go to Target, but then I'd have to get off my ass and go across town and not find what I want):
    steering wheel cover (bout 15.5 inches - same as K5), seat covers, window tinting (stuff you do yourself), cool shiftknob, strobe turn signal stuff (turn signals that flash faster than needed)... maybe some 14" Peugeot rims if anyone has any layin around...

I think that'll do it.. if you guys have any of this stuff and want to save me a trip to AutoZone, I'd be happy...

Thanks!

79 K5 <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/capman2k/>Go Here</a>
    Wyoming doesn't exist, the map maker just needed to fill the space above Colorado[​IMG]

2. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

autozone??? Don't you work like 3 blocks from there......[​IMG]

<font color=red>Life is like a mud hole:</font color=red><font color=blue>
    When the S#!T gets deep, you have to keep moving and friends can always pull you out</font color=blue>
    55 Willy's

3. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Put a CK5 "Built Not Bought" sticker on it.....and a license plate frame that says "My other vehicle is a K5"

That's about all you can do....!!!! [​IMG]

-Greg72

'72 K5 Blazer - 427BB/TH350/NP205/6" Lift/35x12.50's
    <font color=blue>See it here: </font color=blue><a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/albun38>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/albun38</a>

4. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

How about some bumpers and nerfs???? ...MMM nevermind

<font color=red>Life is like a mud hole:</font color=red><font color=blue>
    When the S#!T gets deep, you have to keep moving and friends can always pull you out</font color=blue>
    55 Willy's

5. lifted95z71

lifted95z71 1/2 ton status

baahhh hahahahahahahaha hahahahahaha
    hehehehehe
    ok ok seriously though are you sure this girl wasnt insane?

6. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

33's, push bar, and a winch.

<font color=purple>delta9blazer</font color=purple>

7. rich

rich 1/2 ton status

I think girls/women do this a lot. I just picked up an '87 Samurai (temp 4x4 while my K5 is under construction) for $400 from a lady I work with. She named it Blondie. I was afraid she wouldn't sell it to me because she knows I will off-road it, but she said she wanted to sell it to me because she "knows that Blondie really wants to be an off-road 4x4 - her true calling". She has owned it since new, and said she is going to write up a detailed history of it.

No, I do not still refer to it as Blondie. I call it "the Samurai".

I know anther female with an Isuzu Trooper who named it Ingrid.

No, this is not a slam against women or anything! :)

Richard
    Central NC
    '90 K-5 - daily driver '77 C-30 rollback - 454/SM465
    '76 K-5 - 14-bolt FF, 4.10's, locked front and rear, 36's, SM465/NP205

8. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

hmmm.. interesting :D

welp I got some stuff for my car plus a raise so I can get more stuff with every check :D

I'm impressed with the gas mileage... 186k miles, runs well (few issues, but expected for high miles, 12 years old, $500), and so far I've driven it over 100 miles and stil have half a tank of gas.. sheesh!... that'll be the hardest thing to give up when it's time for another K5 :(

79 K5 <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/capman2k/>Go Here</a>
    Wyoming doesn't exist, the map maker just needed to fill the space above Colorado[​IMG]

9. Neil

Neil 1/2 ton status

My wife has a 91 Subaru Legacy 5 spd. and it is a peppy little machine for a 16 valve 4 banger! She misses our '92 K1500 she used to drive alot though. My wife loves goin off road as much as I do!...p.s. here sister is married too..sorry.

Neil H. Alabama.. "It's a full size thang, Jeep owners don't understand!!" '78 K5 400ci 4x4 AT,AC,PW Cheyenne., '74 C10 4x2