Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need some oil cooler help

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by afroman006, Aug 15, 2005.

1. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

I'm running a 6.2 in my trail truck but am using a radiator out of a 91 C/k series 1 ton that had a 454 and auto in it. The radiator has tranny and oil coolers but I'm having trouble with the oil cooler. The engine had the fittings with 90 degree bends and barb hose fittings when I got it but I dont have the barb fittings for the radiator end. I think I need the type of fitting where it has the tube in the middle and the tube has a shoulder. Unfortunately, none of my currents parts trucks have oil coolers on them so thats not an option. I do know that the head of the fittings I need is 3/4", because I had to remove a twisted off hardline remnant from the radiator. Does anyone know where I can get these type of fittings? Thanks

2. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I usually get that kind of stuff from Earl's Performance over here. Pretty sure they're in your country too.

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

If you can get an old set of factory hard lines then any shop that makes hydraulic hoses can hook you up with a leak proof setup. The fittings at the radiator are a GM oddity, with O-rings to seal them. :mad:

4. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

I'd take it out of the radiator completely. Use a stacked plate separate oil cooler.

5. Roz

Roz 1/2 ton status

id go with external oil cooler too, spend the little extra for the plate one-not tube