Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

need some opinions on winches...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by fortcollinsram, Oct 23, 2003.

1. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

ON of the dudes that wrenches at a local shop is trying to sell a Warn M12000 that is 2 years old and has a NEW cable that hasn't been installed yet...He wants $450 for the whole deal...Should I go for it..I know it is in good working order and it was only used on a Yota with stock axles..

Chris

2. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Depends on which one, but I would probably be interested in that deal if it were me...

3. moneypit

moneypit 1/2 ton status

That is a good deal.See if he will take less if not I would go to the bank. M12000 are $$$, I think mine was over a grand.

4. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Just realized, there is only one M12000, I would have sworn there were at least 2 12000s. Must be confusing them with Ramsey.

Here it is for sale on a web site.

Yep, I think I would be all over that...

5. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

I talked to him a little bit ago...he is firm on the price, but is also includes a new controller and new fairleads along with the aforementioned new cable and hook...

I will see if I can get the $$$ together... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Chris

6. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

If you don't want it, i'll take it. I could sell my brand new MM and still be dollars ahead.

7. denver75k5

denver75k5 1/2 ton status

8274 ...... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Dude, score that. It is definitly worth the cash. New they are like $1100. I scored mine for $200 used (pretty well) from a friend and it still pulls like a demon. I have to get a new brake for it, but I got the fairlead and controller too.

The nice thing about the 12K is it is low profile so it doesn't restrict much if any air into the radiator. It is heavy though. I would score that in a heart beat. It would be a great winch for your truck. It has about the pull rating you need for that big heavy beast.

If it wasn't a damn good winch and worked well do you thing Toby and Shawn would have them on there trucks? You saw how well the worked when we were up on Spring Creek getting TJ off. That Warn 9K broke on the front of that Jeep, but those 2 12K pulled without complaint. Hell when Shawn was winching me he started to drag the Rodent up that hill with it. It is definitly worth the money.

9. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

Yeah, if its in good working order... good deal.

8274, I wont get on that debate for full sizes again.

Ken H.