Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

need some opinions please

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by big dan, Jan 1, 2007.

1. big dan

big dan 1/2 ton status Premium Member

my dd/trail truck is completely trashed. its all cut up been rolled and recently hit by a drunk driver in a parking lot, still driveable but super ugly and hardly anything works right. It has locked 3/4 tons an sm465 and a really strong 350.

as a result of all the recent damage I picked up a super clean 78 shortbed half ton for $250 with no motor or tranny. the guy I got it from is a good friend and he paid $3000 for it about a year ago. tranny went out so he sold the motor and wants the rest gone. around here $3000 will buy a really good older truck and I know that it is in really good shape so Ive stumbled on a really good deal for this one. and a toyota frame cab and front clip for $200. also got another motor for free, just needs a rebuild.

my plan is to put my th350/np208 and good motor in the 78 with a 4inch lift and some 35s with lockers for dd/some trail useage. I wanna keep it clean so I can have a good looking and reliable dd but still be capable for occasional offroad use and hunting and fishing trips.

for the yota Im gonna put in the sm465/np205, build the other 350, use my 3/4 tons, link it and put on a flat bed. gonna use this for competitions and the hardcore stuff.

I already have all the stuff I need to put these two trucks, together minus a few smaller things like bushings and such, and Im pretty set on doing it this way just kinda wondering what everyone else thinks of my plan. thanks for any opinions and new ideas are welcome.

2. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

Sounds like a good plan. Build your DD now, then the rice rocker later.