Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

need some pics of a fast track.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Paxx, May 2, 2006.

1. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

I am in need of a first gen top for my full convertable conversion and I don't like the idea of the snaps. It seems like a ****ty way of doing the top. The other option is a fasttrac but I have no idea how it works or what it looks like. Does anyone have any pics of this set-up?

I'm also looking for links to any companies that sell these tops. I already know of ORD but any others would be appreciated.

Thnx
    ~Max

2. fireplug

fireplug 1/2 ton status

I don't think you are going to find anything decent out there other than a Kayline/STC. Go to the STC site they've got all the pics you want and detailed instructions. Essentially the edges of the fabric top have a (plastic?) 'bead' sewn in them that fits into a aluminum channel that mounts to the bed rail.

From my research the best top was the Can Back but I guess they are no long in business.

That said I purchased a used STC recently, the snap top version, and I assembled it in the manner that the PO had, which incorporated a lot of small mistakes. Point is, even with the mistakes it still fits great, very little if any additional wind noise, and so far no leaks to speak of.

3. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

Thnx. After looking at their site I'm guessing that I would need the 73-75 version rather than the 69-72? Also does anyone know if they make the 73-75 version with the roll up sides rather than the zip out windows? They don't have that listed.

4. blazindorito

blazindorito 1/2 ton status

I know ebay has the tiger top soft top for your year. It is going foraround $540. I also did a search on yahoo for soft top blazer and I got a lot of companies. There was one that would price match and beat it if you found it cheaper. They had it listed for $550. I think the company name was something less or something like that.