Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need some pics please

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Wingnutt, Sep 4, 2003.

1. Wingnutt

Wingnutt 1/2 ton status

The wife is making me put my running boards back on because she is having a hard time climbing up into the truck. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif Since I have put larger tires on, I'm not gonna loose much clearance. The problem is that I took them off two years ago and can't remember how they were attached to the frame. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif I know they were supported by some angle pieces because I still have a few laying around, but I've forgotten how they were laid out. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gifI know running boards ain't too popular here, but I don't have a choice (until I can take it out and bend them). So if anybody has any pics of how thier running boards are supported, could you please post them. TIA

2. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

Why not go with some step tubes or some rock sliders with steps built in. If they don't hang low enough, you can take some chain and weld the links solid except the top and bottom few links. Fab a way to hang them over the step tubes/sliders that way they are removable and you can retain your height. If this isn't an option, I can't help you out on the reinstall of your running boards. Sorry. Good luck with it however you tackle it!

Kris

3. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

tell her its more romantic if you lift her in to the carriage.

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif