Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need some rear spring help....

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Skyetone, Apr 30, 2002.

1. Skyetone

Skyetone 1/2 ton status

Tore out the rear axle over the weekend and the driver rear main eye leaf is bent and the pass side litterally was broke in half. They are stock springs with a 4" block. I want the cheepest way to replace em. I was going to go get a rear set from the J-yard but was told that 69-72 is a different beast than other springs. But then in the mags it shows rear springs from 69-89? FS. so WTF? can I go get a stock set of springs from any truck or k5? What about a truck pack? Anyone have some 4" lift springs FS for the rear? Or would I want a 6" rear? I want the static shackle it's a tow rig.

2. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

You can use any 52" rear springs. These came on Blazers/Trucks all the way up to '91.

BTW, .... it's your FRONT springs that are unique to 1st generation trucks.

Marv

3. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I bought SuperLift 5 1/2" rear spring packs several yrs ago and they have worked out great for me so far!! I run Rancho 4" up front and this combo makes my rig sit level with the hardtop on. With it off (all the time 24x7 year round) my rear does poke up just a bit. Beter than saggin!!/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

4. Skyetone

Skyetone 1/2 ton status

Glad to hear it's the fronts that are unique..... That helps out alot.