Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need some recommendations on springs

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by randknu, Sep 10, 2003.

1. randknu

randknu Registered Member

Hi
    I just joined This site today cus I have gotten me a 78 Blazer K10 Lifted 6 inches with blocks and addaleaf in the back /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif and springs in the front that are so hard that I am just bouncing around in there when driving offroad, and onroad it shakes so I'm afraid my truck will split in pieces. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

So I want new springs but I do not want springs that are too weak, this vehicle will be (ab)used offroad so i need some tips...

Have no idea what brand the liftkit is.

2. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Tough Country EZ-rides...can be purchased from www.offroaddesign.com /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Good soft springs that can take a beating.
    Otherwise, second option equally as good as Tough Country is BDS. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

P.S. While you're at it, junk the rest of the lift (blocks and stiff add-a-leafs out back) and just buy the whole 6" system...or look at ORDs shackle reversal kit for the rear in combination with a 2" block and stock springs. Your ride will be greatly improved either way over add-a-leafs.

4. steelsoldiers

steelsoldiers 1/2 ton status

I have had my 2" Skyjacker Softrides for about 7 years and they are still going strong. Very flexy and they take a real beating. No sagging either.

5. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

I second that about Tough Country and BDS. Excellent stuff!

Kris

6. randknu

Tuff country is not available in norway, probably not legal for street use...

besides I'am going to use it on highway as well
    so it probably would not be the best choice.

BDS? going to check that out.

7. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

Tough Country is just a brand name just like BDS....If you can get BDS springs in your country, then try those, they are a good spring too.

Just guessing, but most of your stuff would have to be shipped over right????

By the way, welcome to the sight....

8. randknu

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar på:</font><hr />
    Just guessing, but most of your stuff would have to be shipped over right????

[/ QUOTE ]

That's correct and I just found out that my lift kit is a trailmaster, probably cheapest sort /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Anyone knows how soft/stiff they are compared to pro-comp which is easily available here.

We have a lot of laws and regulations here, especially when it comes to vehicles and registering theese. different offices have different ways of reading the laws/regulations.

But I guess that is how it is "over there" too...

9. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

procomps are going to be pretty stiff. I like tuffcountrys or BDS also. Since you know better than us what is available to you and legal, maybe you could just tell us what you can get and then we can help you decide which option is best. Its hard to believe that your current cheap lift is legal, but a quality BDS one wouldn't be... but, if thats the way it is let us know what you can get and we can go from there. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

j