Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need some shocks for 4" lift and brake lines

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 85scottsdale, Mar 25, 2005.

1. 85scottsdale

85scottsdale 1/2 ton status

I used to have the part number for the C1500 brake lines for the front of my K10, but seem to have lost it, and I need to find me some shocks for a 4" lift, what would anyone recommend? I have some STIFF springs, so they need to handle a high spring rate of 605 :blush: My last hydro rough country shocks didn't handle a 605 spring rate very well and on big bumps it bounced a lot because of it. Plus now I have a 110 lb winch on the front to make matters worse.

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I'm running lift kit rears up front , ProComp , and Autozone Gabriels in the rear . The ride isn't soft enough for members here ;) But I love it :D

And to tell the truth , both shocks and some others I have seen appear made by the same manufacturer

3. 85scottsdale

what do you mean by lift kit rears up front?

My springs are stiff, so I need some good shocks to keep everything under control in the front lol.

4. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I used the rear shocks from my lift kit in the front end instead , I droop a little better and can rub my fenders stuffed .

I bought Autozone Gabriel shocks for the rear , autozone part # G63438...12.5 inchs of travel .

They fit the stock mounts , but I plan on new shock towers someday when I get around to it .

It rides good to me , I like the truck ride :k5: :k5:

5. 85scottsdale

Alright, i'll probably just put front shocks in the front.

But it looks like i'm gonna have to put this on hold, the guy who sold me the lift gave me 3" blocks instead of 4" ones :mad: and he didn't even give me u-bolts that will work for blocks in the back, and no nuts/washers for the front ones.

6. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

i think you mean brake hoses

right ?

7. 85scottsdale

Yes, brake hoses to be technical. I found the part number for the fronts, and my freakin rear line is stripped now, not sure why that happened, I got line wrenches and crap and it still rounded the bastard off.