Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

need some slighment help

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by K5Chris, Dec 3, 2004.

1. K5Chris

K5Chris 1/2 ton status

i got a 10 bolt front that i just put new balljoints, 8 lug hubs/rotors, and wheelbearings on, and my camber is out very badly. and i dont wanna wear out my brand new SSR's. they look to be off around 1.5* maybe 2*

i wanna use the shim between the spindle and the knuckle, but cant seem to hardly find any. nobody at the parts stores even want to attempt to help me.

i found these: http://www.ingallseng.com/parts/26126.htm but daum those are expensive. anyone know where else i can find some of these?

i did find some of those upper balljoint adjusting nuts that have the center hole cut at an angle so it will adjust both caster and/or camber depending on how you turn it. anybody use these?

2. nomadman

nomadman 1/2 ton status

That's not REALLY expensive when yo compare the cost of your tires! They seem reletively easy to put in and adjust, alot easier than messing with your ball joints /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif. Also, they look like metal, not plastic, which I have heard some are made from. The web page shows the price as MSRP, maybe you could get some other members interested and get us a volume discount - might be worth a phone call /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif.

3. K5Chris

K5Chris 1/2 ton status

youre right, there not that expensive. i found a ingalls distributor in houston, and gave em a call, they had to order them, but they were $27 each. not too bad.

4. nomadman

nomadman 1/2 ton status

That's good info ........ I've always heard about them but never knew where to find them if I needed them. Now I will have to check my ft end, especailly because my K5 got new sneakers today /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif.

5. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

you have to get longer u bolts if you do the shims. i was going to add them to fix death bobble but tim told me they were bad. you shouldent really need them with only 6in of lift. i have 4 and mine is out 5* :dunno:

6. nomadman

nomadman 1/2 ton status

These shims go between the knuckle and the spindle to adjust camber. I beleive the shims you're talking about are used between the axle and the spring. These adjust steering axis inclination, which is essentially your caster.

7. K5Chris

K5Chris 1/2 ton status

correct. the camber shims go betweent he knuckle and the spindle.

caster shims go between the axle and leaf spring.

this is what i got
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]