Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need some springs...Rancho or Tuff country...whats your pick?!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by eripley, Oct 27, 2003.

1. eripley

eripley 1/2 ton status

Im getting a 4" leaf spring kit for the front of my truck. I have found Tuff country and rancho and both are exactly the same price. All I do is mud and ride on dirt trails. Nothing fancy. No rock crawling...no major flexing. I do want a decent ride on the street and the lift to be done right. This is assuming just in case you pull me into being a hardcore.

In your opinion which should I buy?

2. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

3. leadfoot067

leadfoot067 1/2 ton status

tuff country for sure.....just for the fact they ride so much better on road than the ranchos.....

4. B_to_C

B_to_C 1/2 ton status Author

Tuff Country /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I have a 4" Tuff Country lift...Looooove it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. eripley

eripley 1/2 ton status

Wow. 3 replies already and its unanimous [SP]?

Cool. I was thinking the same thing from what I have read here.

Does tuff country {offroaddesign} make add a leafs to fix my saggy rear? I know rancho does and I was going to order at the same time. My rear is 2" lower than the front.

6. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

Go with TC from ORD! I don't know if I have bought anything from anyone with better customer service than ORD!

Just call them, tell them your situation and see what they say.

So do you have stock springs front and rear now? You could always go with new lift springs in the back as well or even a 4" shackle flip with 2" blocks.

7. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

Tuff Country. I have 4" Rancho right now and am swapping it out for TC because the ride is so terrible.
    -Andrew /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

8. eripley

eripley 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

So do you have stock springs front and rear now? You could always go with new lift springs in the back as well or even a 4" shackle flip with 2" blocks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry. I thought I mentioned this. My truck stock was 36" high in the front and a little less than 34 " in the back. Did a reverse shackle flip in the rear and gained 4" on the rear. I have not lifted the front and was wondering what options. I cant afford to get new springs for the rear. Maybe next year I will. I had to buy new longer shocks since I bought shocks for a stock vehicle then decided to lift. Now Im stuck with 4 brand new rancho RSX. I heard to stay away from blocks.

9. Fry

Fry 1/2 ton status

I have Ranchos with RS9000s and they don't ride all that bad but I would rather have something like Tuff Country or BDS. Also if your broke just use a block in the rear, its not that bad and gives you time to save and buy some new springs later while not looking stupid in the meantime.

10. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

rachos suck. I run 4" rancho springs on my rig and they are just way to damn stiff. MAYBE if I had a warn M15000 and a 7.3L desiel under the hood they would flex a little... as it is, the frame might as well be welded to the axle. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif As soon as $ allows it, I'll be running BDS springs from www.jdsoffroad.com

j

11. Fry

Fry 1/2 ton status

BorregoK5 has them on his K5 and they seem to flex pretty well on there. There are 2 different types on Ranchos.

12. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

yeah, i have the beefier ones. want em? I'll sell cheap. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif just need some $ for the BDSs... /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

j

13. 76SILVERADO

76SILVERADO Registered Member

TC the soft ride and plenty of flex.....

14. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Go with Tuff Country or BDS

15. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

If you want a nice ride, staty away from Rancho. Out of those two, I would go with TC. If you want to broaden your horizons a little, I would highly recommend BDS. I got 4" front BDS springs, with new bushings and u-bolts at a shop around where I live for a little under $260. The BDS springs ride good, flex very well, and have a no questions asked lifetime guarantee. I think they will replace the springs even if its your fault that they broke. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    -Harrison